Hardware

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
REV
cars: VT V6 L67 Wagon , Corvettes, C10 Truck VT V6 Sedan

Hardware

Post by REV »

Hi guys i have just got my tuner pro RT down loaded but cant get the BIN and XDF files to load into it and help would be great, the bins are on a disc i got from a mate the Video i watched gos to fast.

Cheers REV
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Hardware

Post by antus »

Your going to need to post details about what your trying to do. What car? What interface? NVRAM? What are you trying to do? What bin/xdf?

Also why dont you download the software from here? Its harder to help with something you got on a disc from a friend as things could be changed or different to what we know. If you want to use his stuff maybe you should ask him?

Sorry if that sounds harsh - thats not intended, but we have a lot of time wasted by people who offload junk then send people to the forums to ask us to figure it out (which wastes our time). Hopefully thats not whats happened here and more details will get us on the same page.

Edit: If you havnt read the guides in the FAQ area (see link up near top right) I'd recommend starting there.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
REV

Post by REV »

Thanks bud trying to contact my mate but he's flat out with his work, so i'm going it alone as hard as that is for me. i have the gear to do VS VT i have a VT V6 S/G Manual. I have a Programer and i got the OBD and a S-Ram from THE-1 Nigel just having trubble getting the bis=n to up load when i try from the pro tuner it comes up with a open sign not a save as or upload. getting confusing.

Cheers REV
The1

Post by The1 »

have you read the pdf guide in the FAQ button top right of the forums?

Tunerpro RT Datalogging & OSEPlugin Getting Started Guide
REV

Post by REV »

Hi Nigel yer i think i did but i will again there is alot i'm not quite understanding but i will get there with help from you guys thank you. just reading to much into it and getting over wellmeld but need to get my head around it for this to work.

Cheers REV
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Post a screen shot when you're trying to open a bin file, it should be pretty straight forward
REV

Post by REV »

Hi Dylan ok i will try the bins and all the other stuff are on a disc, i have a new windows 10 computer the program is on my old one with Vista any down loads on this comp i will have to transfer. I will try and save the file again and then do it again or can i start from scratch with out a bin?

Cheers Richard
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

After you install Tunerpro set up folders for your bin, xdf and adx files and then copy all your files into these folders. Once you have done that go into Tunerpro and go to open bin and then find the folder where you put these files. Once it's been done Tunerpro will remember where this folder is. Do the same for the files.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

you need the right and matching bin/xdf/adx

bin is what goes on the car, xdf tells tunerpro whats in the bin and how to edit it (so its what you see on the screen when your editing) and the adx tells tunerpro what the data coming from the car is, and how to display it.

If your not logging the car you dont need the adx loaded, if you are logging and not editing you dont need the xdf or bin.

Generally through you would load all 3 since you want to be doing a combination of the above when your tuning.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
REV

Post by REV »

Thanks guys and thank you for keeping it simple for me to under stand.

Cheers REV ( Richard )