Camira Ignition Module in a VN EFI 304

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
vn_ss_cm
cars: VN SS

Re: Camira Ignition Module in a VN EFI 304

Post by vn_ss_cm »

ok I found your thread on when you did the 202 conversion...this time around a new ready to run blue motor dizzy re locked the advance etc and the car actually started up first time issue free...I changed the reference angle on a known working
'hall effect' tune ran new wires from the dizzy reluctor to camira module and re used the coil wires from the module pin plug...the car runs but for some reason the check engine light is on and even with timing set it backfires through the airbox...am I doing something wrong lol? also when I bridge the wires to check the engine codes the light is stuck on and doesnt flash
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

that sounds like maybe the tune isn';t burnt to the chip properly ? do you get the fuel pump prime for 2 seconds on key on ?
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Ended up being a buggered memcal chip holder.. runs perfect now.....next step is to find out why the dizzy cap feels loose...the clips were hard to get on but you can move it side to side ever so slighty.
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Ok I thought it was ok until it warmed up 1pin had no continuity .....got a new memcal and made sure the chip had continuity to the board....got my tune that was modded by Dylan that worked perfectly and all I did was load it in tuner pro and change the ref to 10...car is now running rough like it did years ago when I tried...swapped polarity around for the reluctor to module and car wouldn't start so I know it was right the first time double checked all my wiring..and bad..the tacho is bouncing all over the place and it smells like its running rich....reluctor to module has its own wiring (new) and the coil wires from module to coil are wired off the original 7 pin connector and the 4 wires off the original wiring.. what the hell am I doing wrong lol I get the fuel prime on turn key and no check engine light when its running... when I reinstalled the dizzy I made sure cylinder 1 was TDC and also marked on the firewall so the rotor is pointing at the correct cylinder......
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

have you put it into diag mode and checked the timing ?
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

I will do that in the morning. Just to double check with the reference angle its as simple as changing the EST Spark Reference angle right no other changes required in the tune?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yep change the reference angle to 10, then in diag mode make sure the timing is on 10 and that should be all you need to do for that side of it.
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Ok put in Diag mode timing is off so adjusted until it was 10deg but the timing light would intermittently flash...if I advanced the hell out of it as far as leads would let me more consistent flash and ran better....wtf
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Other things I noticed were tacho bouncing and timing mark bouncing all over the place...it must be something tune related...I wired it up and locked the dizzy the same way you did it. the tune im using is 276bdjh3.BIN from viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4362&hilit=276 and that worked perfectly until the hall effect carked it. I also double checked the firing order and its correct.
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

ok tried it again and in diag mode managed to get it to idle and 10deg timing also tacho wasn't bouncing... disconnected diag mode idle started going all over...went to see if I could tap the pedel and before I could get there it turned itself off and will not start now lol battery is flat so charging that.

ok go it to start again...bridge diag and tried to line it up to 10deg and it just flicks all over the place wont stay on 10deg....