Camira Ignition Module in a VN EFI 304

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Re: Camira Ignition Module in a VN EFI 304

Post by heff0018 »

Is this an old or new motor? Worn timing chain and/or distributor? I went through your post and you had many of the same questions and problems I had during my conversion but I never had a problem with the timing mark jumping all over the place. However in saying that even with a brand new timing chain it does slightly move around the 10 degree mark. Like Holden202 said you should just need to change the reference angle to 10 degrees and it should run ok.
vn_ss_cm
cars: VN SS

Post by vn_ss_cm »

ok re downloaded the tune in case my bin files were corrupted. Did the change to 10 Deg for 'spk est ref ang' and started the car and it ran in diagnostic not smooth tachno flicks around..and unable to get it spot on 10deg with the timing light as the mark is jumping around....if you hold the throttle is stable but feels like it has a slight miss...when you disconneect diagnostic mode the idles stables out and car shuts off....
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Problem Solved.......Reluctor was slighty off causing cross firing inside the dizzy cap....redrilled and tapped some new holes in the dizzy installed in the car was running ok but still tacho bouncy....changed reference angle to 90deg and bingo she ran perfectly although timing mark was way off so changed to 80deg and timed to 10deg in diagnostic mode and its working perfectly now. starts much better and the spark is a nice blue spark using HEI coil!
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

ok the saga continues hoping someone can help.... Timed it with the timing light at 10 degs in diagnostic mode and the car is fully warm and when you crank it the engine stumbles and turns over before firing up. and in an unrelated issue the fuel pump(new) will turn itself off sometimes and you need to turn the key fully off disconnect the battery before it works again.

I have tried both 90deg reference angle and 80deg...what is annoying me is it was starting 2 days ago
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

ok cooking with gas....strange I never touched the reluctor wires when it was working few days ago, flipped the polarity around on the module and its working now timed perfectly starts ok too.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i was thinking you were getting cross firing when i was reading through your posts ....