VE Vehicle Data Mismatch - Unplugged Radio

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
megajuz3003
cars: 2001 VU SS

VE Vehicle Data Mismatch - Unplugged Radio

Post by megajuz3003 »

soo my brother in-law removed his Stereo/HVAC controls from his VE to run some wires behind it or something, and when he plugged it back in it is coming up with "Vehicle Data Mismatch" and not starting :lol: :lol:

is it possible to relink them without a tech2, I have seen PCM/BCM relinking on ALDL done by throwing commands at it (never worked for me but) and was hoping it was possible over ELM327
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: VE Vehicle Data Mismatch - Unplugged Radio

Post by Tazzi »

ELM doesnt communicate over the correct protocol to do anything on VE radios and most other modules. Plus, almost anything programming related has security challenges (seed/keys) which requires knowing algorithms to unlock modules prior to programming.

By the sounds of it, hes likely blown a fuse, or worse case fried a module. First things first, check ALL fuses (check factory manual for all locations).

If no fuses are gone (Highly unlikely...).. recheck again.. and if 100% certain, then likely fried module in the car.

I get alot of calls from people about blown internal amp chips for their radios due to speaker and amp installs. This is why its so important to disconnect the battery when playing with wiring in VE's.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Also, what wires has he tapped into (Where and what exactly), and what are they for? Are they power related, audio related?

Probably first and foremost.. is undo whatevers been done incase its interrupting the communication line.
megajuz3003

Post by megajuz3003 »

Thanks for the into Tazzi, the way he explained it he tapped into the power wires for the stereo to power the new head unit.. and cut the speaker wires from the factory harness and redirected them to the new head unit.. I might have to go for a drive over there and have a look
megajuz3003

Post by megajuz3003 »

just spoke with him again... he said he put it all back together to move the car before tapping the wires in, and it came up Mismatch then, so I'm thinking he's blown something, either a fuse or the stereo itself :(
megajuz3003

Post by megajuz3003 »

Update:

just got back from having a look at it, cleaned battery terminals (were loose and dirty) , replaced a few fuses and it works fine..

Todays lesson is don't assume because you tell someone to do something, it actually gets done

Thanks for you help anyway Tazzi
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

No problem! Which is why I always say to check fuses again.. even if they were checked the first time as people tend to be lazy and not actually check them all!