VZ 5.7L Transplant

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
The1

VZ 5.7L Transplant

Post by The1 »

Hi all, Have a V8 5.7L and 6 speed box i can take out of a VZ SSZ and anything else we need, never touched these before so has anyone here done a conversion? Were looking at a HQ Ute, So engine and box, ECU with wiring harness in the engine bay, it's got electronic throttle i see, can we swap the TB to a cable type? Do we still need TPS to the ECU? VATS off on the ECU Possible? i see it has no fuel return line but has pressure reg on the rail so that should fine with a standard inline pump? Or did these have variable speed pump? Any help much appreciated.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VZ 5.7L Transplant

Post by Dylan »

I've done a few of these.
Standard aftermarket pump is fine.
VATS off is fine.

As for cable throttle I've done it twice. I can dig upethe BIN hopefuly if you need it but honestly go the DBW it's cool to have and fairly easy really.

To go cable throttle you need to wire in a TPS and a IAC obviously.
The1

Post by The1 »

Awesome thanks, will try and remove it all then and keep the DBW so we can go either way. Whats the easiest way to do VATS off?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I’ve just done exactly that to a HQ Ute with electric throttle, bloody hammers :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I can send you a bin if you want? I can flash the PCM if it helps?
The1

Post by The1 »

Nice, thanks guys, will pm you Dylan
The1

Post by The1 »

Biggvl wrote:I’ve just done exactly that to a HQ Ute with electric throttle, bloody hammers :thumbup:
Yeh that's what were expecting lol
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

not sure what you see on the rail but its definitely not a reg. stock reg is in the tank. for a transplant you will have to put your own reg in there. if you feed a pump into the rail as-is you will jam all the injectors shut hahaha.

stock tank pump goes out pump into filter, then tee off filter, one side to engine other side back into tank to the reg which sits in the bottom of the pump assembly. its not vacuum referenced so just runs a straight up 4 bar all the time.
as dylan said... vats off is a half a second job to reflash. a few of us have the gear, I can also do it.

also if you are not super keen on the drive by wire, the VT/VX/VY ls1 throttle body is cable and is a direct bolt on. I cant remember what you have to do in the tune to make it work but I doubt its difficult.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Jayme wrote:not sure what you see on the rail but its definitely not a reg.
Probably the pulse damper
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I have a VZ 5.7 as a daily if you want anything checked