VS Ecotec Fuel Pressure Regulator

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
VSRaptor
cars: Vp Commodore V8
Vs Commodore ute V6

VS Ecotec Fuel Pressure Regulator

Post by VSRaptor »

Anyone that has a VS ecotec and need a new fuel pressure regulator? Well you cannot purchase any aftermarket as they are discontinued. All you need is a VX commodore ecotec fuel rail, remove the VX 3.5 bar regulator and purchase a 3 bar and swap your injectors over. Bosch part number is 0 280 160 557. United Fuel Injections had the regulator for $55 and I got a complete VX manifold from gumtree for $40. Removed the fuel rail and hose and sold it for $50.
Cheap, easy fix and looks factory too :thumbup:
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: VS Ecotec Fuel Pressure Regulator

Post by immortality »

VT/VX style fuel rails look ugly compared to the VS units.
VSRaptor
Vs Commodore ute V6

Post by VSRaptor »

I know, they are cheap shitty built but I still kept my original rails and leaking regulator. I cannot find anywhere the VS style 3bar at all. GOSS, Bosch and Fuelmiser have discontinued it completely. Not interested in 2nd hand as all are high mileage and I have been through 2 in a few years.
One place offered to do a version where I mount it to the firewall and make fitting to suit. Best location is at the end of the rail like the factory style.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Can you still get the VS 3.5bar ones that were used in the later VS models?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm sure you can, I accidentally got a new one for my VP 18 months ago. Returned it for a proper VN-VR one. not cheap, about $120 for a genuine one.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VSRaptor
Vs Commodore ute V6

Post by VSRaptor »

Mine is a VS series 3 ute Aug 2000 built, the regulator did say 3 bar, not 3.5 which was used on the vt onwards. The VN to VR were like the V8 which had efi clamps on the regulator.
The VS for some reason made the hose and regulator one piece and all obsolete from holden ages ago.
The VS ute series 3 ecotec was a strange one as everytime I went to veale or covs for like manifold gasket, the bit between the upper and lower plenum where it joins, they ask for vin or engine number as it was different. Mine uses a paper gasket with the thin metal like gasket, not o ring. The throttle body gasket is paper but some were o ring. It was like a mix and match of parts the factory was using to push the last of the VS ute out the door to make way for the VU.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Our old VS s2 (97 build) had a 3.5bar FPR on it.
VSRaptor
Vs Commodore ute V6

Post by VSRaptor »

My mistake about the FPR, I cleaned up the original VS one thoroughly and it says 350KPa, not 300 which means the VS is a 3.5 bar FPR. :wtf: :wtf: So I just put the VX one back in and it did make a difference on the cold start and top end. Should have cleaned it properly in the first place and did the maths :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: