Got me an Aem x series wideband

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
delcowizzid

Got me an Aem x series wideband

Post by delcowizzid »

So i just replaced the sensor on my Spartan 2 after the last one failed after 2 years of use and the new sensor made it act strange the startup sweep was out of whack off only by 0.1 of a/f on both high and low output thought nothing of it un till I went tuning today and the sensor died its only been in one car for a total of about 3 hours, tuning today was the 2nd car.its never put in an exhaust un till the cars are upto temp to keep the moisture out. I'm guessing the unit died and took out the sensor or maybe it was just a sensor that had been dropped at some stage .so I pulled finger and just spent the 328 bucks and got an aem x series with a sensor hopefully back to having something reliable should be here Monday Tuesday..my dyno guy loved his and said its been hassle free and it is nice to use apart from 4 digits is a pain with 1 flickering digit so I'll be switching mine to only 1 digit after the decimal place lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ejukated

Re: Got me an Aem x series wideband

Post by ejukated »

I’ve used them a few times, super fast response. The display can be a bit hard to read in the sunlight though
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the response its a bit to quick for human interpretation I reckon hence why I'll drop the last digit off the displayed value lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

nah I mean in the logger, I hardly use the actual display. Maybe for incar trimming but typically I use the playback in TunerPro. I noticed in other widebands there is some lag from commanded to measured AFR however with the AEM its less than one frame typically.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Fml lol aem comes with a Chinese sensor lol hopefully I get a few tunes out of it .It's operational and have wired a plug to the 0-5v output and have it wired into the link storm ecu in a turbo 304 I'm currently tuning works good so far (20 minutes setting it up for tomorrow)