Introduction. 202 red conversion to ITB manifold questions.

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
Holden202T

Re: Introduction. 202 red conversion to ITB manifold questi

Post by Holden202T »

i notice your filler cap is on the other side, why is that ? to suit a certain type of tank ?
Early 56 EFI
cars: 56 FJ Holden
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Very observant. It has a VC Commodore tank in it.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Received my 808 on Friday, had a look inside and looks good. It's out of a 3.8 auto and has the knock filter in it with prefix 1H so is a 6cyl one. Can I use this on a 179 block and if so what sensor do I need and where is the best place to locate it on the block and the best way to fix it to the block
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The knock filter is tuned for the bore diameter so 3.8" in this case, unlikely to work correctly for you engine. In my opinion the delco knock detection system is very hit and miss anyway, often triggering on normal engine noise and not triggering on actual knock. I always disable it and use knock ears when tuning and tune in a little bit of safety margin.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Thanks vlad. Just been reading about your build. Neat
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Hi all, here's a bit of an update. The FJ is engineered and registered. Only has a stock 173 with a 2 barrel Holly and X2 headers in it at the moment but shouldn't be long and the EFI 202 will be in it.
I purchased an N13 loom from one of the forum guys, now have a couple of 808"s and am about to purchase the additional NVram and comms interface etc.
I have built a cradle to test the 202 in but still have to add radiator, controls and gauges etc.
I have ordered a Yella Terra 12 Alloy 46cc chamber head (after measuring everything that should give me 10.8:1) with rollers. Cam still to be decided but thinking something like a XU1 XH Bathurst cam.
As a starter I will be using 0 280 155 777 injectors.
I intend to use OSE12P in Alpha N Mode as previously advised.
I have started to rehash the N13 loom and checked it against the OSE 12P drawings for the N13 and the VN 808 connections.
Because this is ITB's I will not be using the IAC.

Questions:
1. Can I just leave the IAC connections C3, C4, C5 and C6 unconnected or do I have to do anything to them (like some sort of termination) to stop codes being thrown.
2. Are the Flex Outputs A3, A$, A7 and D12 actually assigned for any specific purpose in the 12P software or can they be programmed as required.
3. ECU B9 is listed as A/B switch. Is this to switch between two tunes and if do is it gnd or +v to activate it.
4. ECU B12. Is that just a simple analog to digital input that can be programmed to a purpose or is it pre assigned for something.
Attachments
Stroker In Cradle 2.JPG
Completed FJ Crop.JPG
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Love the FJ, what a stunner :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

That heat shield is a great idea and really neat.

As for the IAC. Pretty sure you can just disconnect it and disable the error codes in the tune. Though if it was me I would plumb in IAC to all the ITBs and use it. having idle control is a handy feature. But if it works without it then don't bother adding it.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Gareth wrote:Love the FJ, what a stunner :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yer, the old girl was really put together to be the test mule for the 202 EFI mill.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

vlad01 wrote:That heat shield is a great idea and really neat.

As for the IAC. Pretty sure you can just disconnect it and disable the error codes in the tune. Though if it was me I would plumb in IAC to all the ITBs and use it. having idle control is a handy feature. But if it works without it then don't bother adding it.
Thanks for the compliment on the heat shield.
I have never had any experience with the IAC. I assume its just like a small butterfly valve controlled by a stepped motor. Would you build it into a small plenum with 6 outlets and plum them into the bodies behind the butterflys.
EFI Hardware sell a MAP sensor kit which is also a plenum with 6 inputs plumbed into each of the bodies and one output to the map sensor.
What if I built a plenum, fitted the IAC into it, 6 equal lengths hoses to the bodies and 1 outlet to a MAP sensor.
It should serve both requirements as the IAC should be closed under any throttle position except closed and the MAP sensor shouldn't be really doing anything at idle. Just thinking of of the box a bit. Your thoughts would be interesting.