Introduction. 202 red conversion to ITB manifold questions.

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
Early 56 EFI
cars: 56 FJ Holden
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Re: Introduction. 202 red conversion to ITB manifold questi

Post by Early 56 EFI »

vlad01 wrote:You could probably mount V6 interrupter rings on the balancer and sensor and make it work with V6 coils. If done right it will be much better than a dizzy.

I recall someone here did exactly that with an RB engine.
Thanks Vlad, I had a second read of Holden202T's thread "How to convert a 202 to Delco" and I think the way to go is with the 6-1 trigger wheel and the wasted spark approach and get rid of the dizzy completely.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Finally finished my test rig today. Stock VK EFI engine with VK injection removed and 45mm ITB's fitted, dizzy locked, BIM148 module conversion done, base timing set to 10 degrees, 0 208 155 777 injectors. 808 ECU with NVram and comms board mods done and original V6 memcal and knock filter plugged into the NVram board. 38psi fuel rail pressure. No MAP or MAF. Want to configure for Alpha-N but not sure how to do that just yet. No o2 sensor connected at the moment.
When I ordered the NVram I requested that Holden202T's basic tune for VK EFI be loaded.
When ignition is switched on Check Engine Light comes on and the fuel pump prime works and fuel pump relay turns off after the timed delay. On start the fuel pump turns back on as soon as there is crank rotation and it tries to fire straight away but will not continue to run. I've tried different throttle positions etc but will not run. Pulled the plugs and all have been firing and not wet, in fact they look fine.
I then attempted to connect with TunerPro wth OSE_$12PV112_1BAR-Petrol.adx and oseplugin180.exe both loaded. The cable test was OK. When I attempted to connect to the ECU the yellow connected status indicator changed to blue but then changed to red (DA Data Error) and it then just alternated between blue and red with the error count continually incrementing. I could not resolve this issue. I did try turning "Echo" ON but it would not connect at all with "Echo"On so I turned it back OFF
The dashboard shows the battery voltage as 12.8V but the throttle position does not follow actual throttle changes.
Sorry for the lengthy post. I would greatly appreciate some help and guidence.
This is my first experience with the 808 and this rig is so that I can get a base tune for the ITB's so that when I bolt them up to my good 208 motor it will fire up first time and I can run the new cam in etc. I hate running cam lobes.
Geoff.
20211024_220153.jpg
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

So the DA errors flashing up is constant with power on but no engine running correct?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

vlad01 wrote:So the DA errors flashing up is constant with power on but no engine running correct?
Yes
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

That suggests that there is something wrong with either the nvram or the comms or something. If there is a bad data connection then you probably won't get any indication the sensors are working in tuner pro.

If you bridge the black and white wires in the diagnostic port, does the check engine light start flashing codes?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

vlad01 wrote:That suggests that there is something wrong with either the nvram or the comms or something. If there is a bad data connection then you probably won't get any indication the sensors are working in tuner pro.

If you bridge the black and white wires in the diagnostic port, does the check engine light start flashing codes?
Thanks Vlad for your help. Yes the Check Light is sending codes when in diagnostic mode. I opened up the ECU to check my mods and all looked good. Rebooted my laptop, reconnected and bingo, TunerPro connected and the comms red and white leds on the USB board are flashing so all good. The data on the dashboard all makes sense now.
I have to work out which table to adjust the throttle position sensor. At 100% throttle the dash is only indicating 63.2%.
At least I am on the right track now.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I think you can adjust the expected range of TPS in the tune? I recall seeing a 100% and 0% voltage setting somewhere.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

I have been trying to get the TPS correct. 0% throttle is 0.24V and 100% throttle is 3.02V. In the ADX Editor/Values/TPS Voltage, I entered these values for the Range Low and Range High and saved but the dashboard is still only showing 91.2% throttle at 3.02V. Am I on the right track here and do I have to now push these changes down to the ECU somehow. If so I haven't worked that bit out yet.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Charlescrown wrote:There are a few things you need to change if your not running a IAC. I'll dig out my notes and post them.
Wondered if you could post you notes on running with no IAC, would be a great help. Thanks
Geoff
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

You don't want to change it in the ADX as thats only how tuner pro displays the data and not how the ECU is processing it.

I had a look and the only setting I could find was this one. Default is 3.3V Maybe you can try lowering that value?

tps min voltage..PNG
tps min voltage..PNG (7.74 KiB) Viewed 4319 times