Introduction. 202 red conversion to ITB manifold questions.

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
Early 56 EFI
cars: 56 FJ Holden
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Re: Introduction. 202 red conversion to ITB manifold questi

Post by Early 56 EFI »

vlad01 wrote:As long as the standard memcal has a large enough eeprom with 12P loaded the comms will log fine, just that you can't make changes without reprogramming the eeprom each time with a burner.
Thanks Vlad. Mencal is loaded with a double stacked $12P bin.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

:thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i notice you said you had the RW jumper unset .... you need to put it on to be able to change the tune from either the flashtool or tunerpro.... but make sure all your comms issues are sorted before you try to do that.

you said the injectors are S/H V6 VS, do you mean S/C ? if thats the case they'll likely be much larger flow rate than the tune was set for.

another thing to keep in mind .... there is an option for closed throttle VE and a table aswell, if you set the option, it will use the closed throttle VE table, this is basically a VE value for each RPM increment, nothing to do with MAP sensor so it might be better option for your needs with the 6 ITBs.

also just want to confirm, you have put it in diag mod, and confirmed the static timing it 10 degrees ?
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Holden202T wrote:i notice you said you had the RW jumper unset .... you need to put it on to be able to change the tune from either the flashtool or tunerpro.... but make sure all your comms issues are sorted before you try to do that.

you said the injectors are S/H V6 VS, do you mean S/C ? if thats the case they'll likely be much larger flow rate than the tune was set for.

another thing to keep in mind .... there is an option for closed throttle VE and a table aswell, if you set the option, it will use the closed throttle VE table, this is basically a VE value for each RPM increment, nothing to do with MAP sensor so it might be better option for your needs with the 6 ITBs.

also just want to confirm, you have put it in diag mod, and confirmed the static timing it 10 degrees ?

Well, Christmas is over so time to get back into it.

I ordered new TL866 II+ burner as I was having issues with my old burner and the NVRam but it never arrived (got a refund from the supplier) so back to square 1 with that issue. To be honest I haven't done anything since mid Dec but I do have a better understanding as to where I am going.

The injectors were just second hand 0 280 155 777's to get the thing going. I have pulled the injector rate back 0.7 and it's running far better but I still have to buy a wideband O2 so cannot really progress at the moment. At least it starts great and runs a lot better. I have hooked up a stock Commodore MAP sensor and placed a restrictor in the line (similar to what is in the back of a Smiths vacuum gauge) to attempt to eliminating the pulsing but haven't taken any logs since.

I have checked the static timing in diag mode with the light and it is at 10 degrees but it's not as stable as I would have expected. Another thing to sort out. Dissy is modified as per your post.

I also had to put the radiator back in my FJ so that I could drive it over Christmas.

I now need to buy a radiator, O2 Wideband and buy or borrow another burner and then I will be back in business. I'm also building a twin turbo injected 383 Clevo for a mate which is consuming some time.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ummm .... 0.7 injector rate is way wrong ? for a normal VK EFI injector (19lb) your looking at about .115 on a 202 ... most commodore ones are around the 18-20lb mark so that should be a hell of alot closer ..... to be honest i dont know how its running with that figure, as .7 i can only get in the injector flow calculator if i use 3LB injector size.

the dizzy signal is never usually that smooth on a 202, too many gears between the dizzy and crank that create slop .... not much you can do unless you go to a different trigger setup.
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

Holden202T wrote:ummm .... 0.7 injector rate is way wrong ? for a normal VK EFI injector (19lb) your looking at about .115 on a 202 ... most commodore ones are around the 18-20lb mark so that should be a hell of alot closer ..... to be honest i dont know how its running with that figure, as .7 i can only get in the injector flow calculator if i use 3LB injector size.

the dizzy signal is never usually that smooth on a 202, too many gears between the dizzy and crank that create slop .... not much you can do unless you go to a different trigger setup.
Thanks for your advice. I will have to look closer at the injector rate. Purchased a wideband tonight so I should start to get on with this project again.
mrfiat
cars: fiat 131

Post by mrfiat »

Any update on this project?
Early 56 EFI
86 Corvette
80 Caddy Limo
03 Dodge Ram Cummins
68 Galaxie 390
94 Mustang GT Conv

Post by Early 56 EFI »

mrfiat wrote:Any update on this project?
Had a few distractions that have caused some delays on this project. I have the AEM wideband now and just fired the engine up again today. Have to set up the wideband but it is running as rich as a pig as it is. I have to look back through my notes. Cant remember if I have to increase or decrease the injector rate to lean it off heaps across the board. I don't want to soot up a brand new O2 sensor..
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Oh and I realized another thing with Alpha N. The default map table needs to be calibrated to your throttle setup. The axis are TPS value and fixed rpm steps. You will need to rev and hold the engine to each of the fixed rpm values and note the TPS % for each of them and change it to those. The stock values are for V6 with a single 60mm TB.

Doing this will ensure the inferred VE table is scaled to the TPS load vector correctly and not bunched up/stretched out.

On my VP, I have a 66mm TB which achieves higher rpm for the same TPS values. So this would explain why some throttle areas ran slightly rough, it probably was giving the wrong VE cells.

I would need to experiment more with this to confirm but I am pretty certain about adjusting that table. It's one of the first tables in the list, or search default map.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Early 56 EFI wrote:Had a few distractions that have caused some delays on this project. I have the AEM wideband now and just fired the engine up again today. Have to set up the wideband but it is running as rich as a pig as it is. I have to look back through my notes. Cant remember if I have to increase or decrease the injector rate to lean it off heaps across the board. I don't want to soot up a brand new O2 sensor..
lowering the value will make it leaner.