Help with memory seats

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
Slipknot09
cars: VY calais

Help with memory seats

Post by Slipknot09 »

Hey, I have a VY Calais and have installed a set of VZ Calais seats, VY’s didn’t come with memory seats but VY2 and VZ did. Since I completely rebuilt the seats I figured I may as well source all the parts to convert my passenger seat to a memory seat also, was simple to do but sourcing the parts took a while. I got a LHD memory module and wiring from eBay. I dismantled a WM caprice seat and put the memory motors on, I desoldered the memory switch and reversed it making it LHD also. Getting the LHD memory seat cover was the hardest part but a Korean company has them in stock.
I wired the seats up correctly, changed drivers door loom, added mirror module and changed to memory mirrors. All functions work as they would if fitted from factory including the priority key functions and tech2 can speak to them.
My issue is that I can only have one seat connected to the serial data line at a time, each seat individually works fine but as soon as I hook them both up they both cease working. Is there a work around for this or is it just impossible? I’m guessing the bcm gets confused having 2 similar modules on the bus at the same time when no Australian commodore or caprice had 2 memory seats fitted from factory. Thanks heaps for any help, love this site and love what you guys do. I’ve learnt so much from you guys and appreciate that sites like this exist