Idle quality vs fuel pressure

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Re: Idle quality vs fuel pressure

Post by BennVenn »

I pulled the memcal back out, measured between pin3 and pin13 and got 20k, and pin 12 to 13, 2kohm. Didn't match up to the netres diagrams so I cut those three pins and added in 15k/7.5k resistors. Now 12p detects a 4yl memcal, but no start.

Injflow was always half of what the calculator suggested so I put in the calculators approximation and we're now idling smoothly at 13.8AFR at 0.105 injflow.

BPW at idle is now 4.5mS, and the injector firing is nowhere near as fast as it was.

Best guess is the memcal was telling the FMD it's a single or two cylinder engine. The timing was probably halved too...

I'll try return these injectors and grab a set from the wreckers.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Hey Benv I notice it says 8cyl memcal detected. I have a 2L turbo with L67 injectors and had a similar probem and had to rescale the voltage offset values which fixed it. I made them closer with less change with voltage.
BennVenn
cars: R33 GTST, '60 Vw Bug, Express (4G63T), GW X200

Post by BennVenn »

Thanks for the tip! If I have any more issues i'll revisit the injector data tables. As for the V8 memcal detected, it says that with the engine not running but when started it changes to 4cyl mode. Not sure if that's normal behavior but after fixing up that netres, i think my idle issue is now solved