ben_att
cars: VF
VZ
VY

VF SS BCM Programming

Post by ben_att »

Hello,

My BCM is dead in my VF SS Ute.
I get the no communication fault when checking dtc's and it won't turn on accessories or start.
I bought a new one, the one I had was 13506931 but the dealer said this part number was no longer valid and for my VIN he was given 13594692.
I'm not sure if this is right or not and maybe this is part of the problem. The faulty bcm still allows me to lock/unlock the doors using the buttons inside the car and turns the interior lights on/off, the new one does absolutely nothing other than turn acc on and back off for less than a second. I can't run the prepare for removal because I have no comms to the faulty one.

I've fitted the new BCM, connected to the car with SPS2 and I can't calibrate or program because it asks me to turn the ignitron on but I can't.
When I press the start button(on the car, not the PC), the power mode changes from off to ACC for less than a second (can hear the relay in the cab click on and off) and then back to OFF. So because I can't turn the igntion on, I can't click next to program. I have followed the instructions on the service manual and put the key into the pocket.
Is there a trick to this that I'm missing or is this the wrong BCM?

Thanks
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: VF SS BCM Programming

Post by ironduke »

The service programming is supposed to turn on the ign for you when programming a BCM as long as the key/fob is in the pocket..
Is it failing? or sitting there for 10-12 minutes not doing anything? Sometimes I don't see a timer pop up but I stil lwait at least 15 minutes and usually see programming continue/finish around 12 minutes in..
Possibly check to make sure the antenna is where it's supposed to be for the fob to be read in the pocket?
Could try the immo learn if bcm programming is failing?

by the way, I am in USA so anything I say your gonna have to take with a grain of salt.. lol
ben_att
cars: VF
VZ
VY

Post by ben_att »

I did try that, I had the key in the pocket, but still couldn't get any further. It did say in the service manual that the SPS will turn on the ignition, but this didn't seem to be the case either.

Well, I finally got it going.
When I was trying to program the BCM it asks for two drop down menus to be selected with options (accessory 3), I went onto the resources on the delcotds and with my VIN it gave me the two options I needed to select (1st menu - (-WZJ) - No/Not Available/Not Equipped and the 2nd menu (&WJZ) - Accessory kit - transmission redundant controls - steering wheel) and seems that this is what was giving me the error. I decided to try something different and didn't select either of those options and just selected both as none and it went through to the next step and programmed. Then it started straight away (had some faults, ESP, ABS, etc), didn’t need to program any keys or anything.
I then could go into the configuration and it ran through, I could turn the igntion on/off as normal, did the brake pedal learn and said I didn’t need to do a primary key learn, said it passed. Then got prompted on the dash to wind each window down and back up, now all DTC’s are clear and it’s running!
Woohoo.
So now I’ll have a look at what the option I was meant to select that doesn’t let me proceed is for. But for the moment it's running and everything seems to be working as normal.

Thanks
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

ben_att wrote:I did try that, I had the key in the pocket, but still couldn't get any further. It did say in the service manual that the SPS will turn on the ignition, but this didn't seem to be the case either.

Well, I finally got it going.
When I was trying to program the BCM it asks for two drop down menus to be selected with options (accessory 3), I went onto the resources on the delcotds and with my VIN it gave me the two options I needed to select (1st menu - (-WZJ) - No/Not Available/Not Equipped and the 2nd menu (&WJZ) - Accessory kit - transmission redundant controls - steering wheel) and seems that this is what was giving me the error. I decided to try something different and didn't select either of those options and just selected both as none and it went through to the next step and programmed. Then it started straight away (had some faults, ESP, ABS, etc), didn’t need to program any keys or anything.
I then could go into the configuration and it ran through, I could turn the igntion on/off as normal, did the brake pedal learn and said I didn’t need to do a primary key learn, said it passed. Then got prompted on the dash to wind each window down and back up, now all DTC’s are clear and it’s running!
Woohoo.
So now I’ll have a look at what the option I was meant to select that doesn’t let me proceed is for. But for the moment it's running and everything seems to be working as normal.

Thanks
Glad you got it.. I can only guess that your vehicle has the option of a pushbutton start or a keyed ignition like some of the us cars do and you were picking an option to program for keyed igntion so sps didn't power up the car like SI says it would.. Either way or however you got it your up and running, that's the part that matters, lol..