Electronic Ignition

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Electronic Ignition

Post by VL400 »

Correct, V8 module for hall effect and camira for reluctor. One option you have is running a camira module and then a spark booster from someone like MSD or ICE.
UCMatt
cars: VE Sportwagon
VYExec
VN V8 UC Torana Hatch

Post by UCMatt »

The Camira module is not that bad. They were originaly used in the US on 350 chev's, and there are a lot of them making big HP.
In the V8 application, they are firing twice as often, with much lower dwell time than a 4cyl.
Spark quality is fine as long as the coil is healthy. MSD do a replacement module/coil for the Camira/Chev if required.
GONZO

Post by GONZO »

Not sure if this is the right thread but I have a question about a partial EFI conversion

If I was to connect a delco to an engine and didnt have time to modify the dizzy. Could I use a camira module as a "dumb" ign module?

Here is my plan connect the module as per usual, but disconnect the EST control wire, which would lock it in module mode. This would use the original mech/vac advance mechanisms. I intend to use electronic advance but wont have time to impliment this straight away. (I would also like to ensure I havn't introduced any gremlins as I go.)

I would like to hear your thoughts guys, anyone tried this?