Difference between VS and VT-VX V6 injectors

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
The1

Re: Difference between VS and VT-VX V6 injectors

Post by The1 »

well got an email back from Bosch again saying they can't comment as they dont have data to compair the two injectors!! What a load of crap, how is it bosch dont even have the data on there own products? Sounds like Bosch are just lazy to me.

Anyway im thinking ive hit a dead end so im going to buy a reco set of 777's and give them a whirl, do some logging but should come up the same really.
The1

Post by The1 »

Well put the 777's in and running alot nicer then the old metal 973's bit smoother and instant throttle response, im heading out tonight so ill do a log and check to see if they run richer or leaner.
The1

Post by The1 »

looking at the trims the 777 seems about 5% richer over the old 973's, car starts instantly no crank delay like before, also trims down down under 3000hz maf had the biggest change, i guess the old injectors were lazy down low.
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

Makes sense when you consider the pintle in the EV6 looks to be a fair bit smaller than that of the EV1, which would allow it to open and close faster and give you a longer effective opening time.
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh it must be that as all the figures are the same for both injectors
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

NICE COMPARISON!

I like you hard work!

did you just do a global -5% on the fuel table?

Or just -5% on the injector base?
The1

Post by The1 »

i actually adjusted the MAF tables till fuel trims came within 1 or 2% which i had already done for other mods i had done, then chucked in the new injectors and watch the trims adjust.
The1

Post by The1 »

im running global 10% less on the injectors rate now, put MAF values back to stock as i can adjust the injector rate now thanks to holden202's latest xdf update, running average of 1% LTFT on the tables. The car also instantly starts and no chugging when cold and down low the fuel trims are much more consistant, i think the old injectors were worn out and lazy.