antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Vs V6 to Vx V6 engine wiring conversion

Post by antus »

Thats right, you might need to delete those things as it works differently and there is no wire.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
wazaspad
cars: Vs v6 sedan
Vs 5.0 ute

Post by wazaspad »

Its not a main concern, im building a race car so aftermarket gauges will do the job, but cheers for your help mate :)
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Does the VX PCM have the correct input to suit the T5 speed sensor? The VX would have had the getrag manual transmission which uses the same VSS sensor as the auto box.
wazaspad
Vs 5.0 ute

Post by wazaspad »

No the Vx is similar to the VS auto PCM i just use the, i just wired the blue to violet so it runs to the speedo, if you dont on the VS it would stall when stopping
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Does the VX PCM have the correct input to suit the T5 speed sensor? The VX would have had the getrag manual transmission which uses the same VSS sensor as the auto box.

My understating is that is correct, T5 VSS won't work on a VX ECU as far as I'm aware.

But you could always use something like the VDO 411.105 universal signal converter which can change square wave to sine and vise versa and do ratio conversions as well.

I run one on my car, though I am not using it for signal conversion I am using it ratio conversion, works damn good.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
wazaspad
Vs 5.0 ute

Post by wazaspad »

vlad01 wrote:
immortality wrote:Does the VX PCM have the correct input to suit the T5 speed sensor? The VX would have had the getrag manual transmission which uses the same VSS sensor as the auto box.

My understating is that is correct, T5 VSS won't work on a VX ECU as far as I'm aware.

But you could always use something like the VDO 411.105 universal signal converter which can change square wave to sine and vise versa and do ratio conversions as well.

I run one on my car, though I am not using it for signal conversion I am using it ratio conversion, works damn good.
Thats correct on the VS it uses D2 pin as for VX it does not cater for