Dedicated Baro sensor for '808

Wiring diagrams and questions

Dedicated Baro sensor for '808

Postby Steve M » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:42 pm

Hi,
I'd like to use a second MAP sensor for the purpose of barometric update on my '808.

I can see that OSE V112 lists the capability for this but I would like more information on how to wire it in and set up the function in Tuner Pro.
My hadrware:
808 Ecu + NVRAM + USB Comms board.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Site Admin

Re: Dedicated Baro sensor for '808

Postby antus » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:47 am

I have not done this, but I believe you would hook its signal pin to B12 as documented in the 12P pinouts and set the flag "Baro - Use 2nd MAP sensor input for Baro Correction"
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Postby Steve M » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:29 pm

Thanks.
I saw those two details but was hoping to know whether to use the same 5V reference and sensor earths as the first MAP.
Can you see a problem with tapping into the MAP/TPS reference line and sharing existing earths?

I want to do this because my car really suffers from MAP readings when driving through the Adelaide hills. It leans out badly on the way up but has no issues on the flats.
Low rev/ high throttle does update the Baro and improve the situation, but that needs to be done multiple times on the ascent.

Cheers.

Postby vlad01 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:01 am

I had a similar issue on Mt Macedon. Baro got updated on the way up easily as I was giving it a bit around the turns but got stuck behind a slow car on the way down
so the baro was still set at 85-90kpa and as I descend it got richer to the point I got a check engine light for the o2 being out of range in the rich direction.

A dedicated map would of helped.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.

Site Admin

Postby antus » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:10 am

Hmm its an interesting one though. I live in Adelaide and have not had these problems driving around the Adelaide Hills - plains to Norton Summet and back. I understand it can be a problem for very large altitude changes but I dont think our Hills are the same scale as an actual mountain. You can install the second MAP using the same power and ground which the existing MAP already shares with TPS and see how you go, but it could be a sign that your fueling is a bit out in the first place making the problem more noticeable.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Return to Wiring