vr wiring STD and BT1

Wiring diagrams and questions
speednut
cars: vn and vr

vr wiring STD and BT1

Post by speednut »

i tried to fit a VR V6 BT1 ECU to my STD VR and the loom plugs have different location lugs so you cant plug it in but looks as if they get filled down they will plug in they are both the long style auto ECUs if any one can help
delcowizzid

Re: vr wiring STD and BT1

Post by delcowizzid »

are you sure they are both auto ecu as the manual ecu is in a long case too.got any numbers off the ecu's or the memcals in the ecus.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The BT1 PCM has RF shielding for both the ECM and the plugs but as far as I know the wiring is all the same. The wiring diagram book I have has no reference to BT1, either thats in a BT1 supplement or they are the same so not included.
speednut
cars: vn and vr

Post by speednut »

sevice number for the VR BT1 16195699 and the memcal code is BLCH ..... 3.8 l auto PCM .. metal plugs ,,, i had a BT1 VS and fitted a STOCK ECU once and the plugs were different but becouse the plastic plugs on the ecu have some give in them i jammed them in and it worked fine but this is a VR and the metal plugs got no give i was wanting to be 100% it would work before i ground the stock loom plugs down ,,

delcowizzid wrote ,,are you sure they are both auto ecu as the manual ecu is in a long case too ???? have you got pictues of these long style manual VR ECUs first i heard of them always knew as the manual vr to have a short ECU with VN type loom plugs ,,
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

the plugs will go in if the keys are filed off, the plugs are metallic plated as part of the RFI package.

the manual ecm is in a short case, always

vl400... the geocities site is no longer being updated, the original owner of that has tired of it.lol
my pages www.memcals.com have that info on them now, with some corrections. if you see any errors let me know so i can fix them.

cheers rob
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

nice on rob allways good to get info from a good soarce.i had allways been told the vr was a long case but it must only be the auto good to know :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Geckster
cars: Various Bommodores

Post by Geckster »

Has anyone got a diagram for a Vr V6 Auto. Or is it the same as the Vs V6 auto?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

See this thread for a V6 wiring diagram .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 37&start=0 or this for a VS V8 which is fairly similar .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 38&start=0