Does anyone have a JE Camira Wiring Diagram ?

Wiring diagrams and questions
Rock_Lobster
cars: EH Ute with soon to be VK EFI

Does anyone have a JE Camira Wiring Diagram ?

Post by Rock_Lobster »

Hi all,

does anyone have a JE Camira wiring diagram they could post a link to ?

There is one here :- ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/pub/gmecm/manuals/1227808/
which is pretty good, but doesn't show the coil wiring. I could figure it out, but would prefer
a nice scanned color diagram if possible. :thumbup:

Thanks

Wayne
If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.
Holden202T

Re: Does anyone have a JE Camira Wiring Diagram ?

Post by Holden202T »

this is the one i used to wire my camira module in.

Camira Ignition
Rock_Lobster

Post by Rock_Lobster »

Thanks heaps Holden202.

Wayne
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

wiring up a JE or something more fun and exciting ?
Rock_Lobster

Post by Rock_Lobster »

I just got the full EFI loom and ECU, coil and MAP sensor off a JE Camira at the wreckers for $110. Not bad I thought.
Now that I have found the price for the Camira Bosch module is at least $75, I will get the dizzy (wrecker won't sell separately the module from the dizzy).
I will also get the fan relay, oxy sensor, MAT and water temp sensor. I have commodore MAT and temp sensors, but might as well get the Camira ones (probably the same).
I have ordered the NVRAM and USB boards for the '808. I already have a spare '808

Whats it all for ?

I have an EH ute I am doing up. 186 red motor. I also have a VK EFI head, manifold and anciliaries. I think you can guess where I am going with all this :D .
I have ported the head (more a smoothing of the ports to remove lumps, bumps and ridges, as well as "teardropping" the valve guide bosses).
Next is new valves, guides and springs and YT Street Terra roller rockers. Then grafting onto the 186 red block.
Once I have set this up and had a good play with it, I will get a 202 HQ block built with Blue motor rods, MAYBE a Blue crank and probably a VK EFI spec cam.
Somewhere in there I will add DELCO DIS and get rid of the DIZZY (because I can, not because it's going to really give me any more power).

Sound familiar ?

Wayne
UCMatt
cars: VE Sportwagon
VYExec
VN V8 UC Torana Hatch

Post by UCMatt »

Another good source for Camira ignition modules and sensors are 90's Daewoo's. My local pick a part has dozens of them.
Harnesses from these things may be worth a look also. Basically a Camira engine, different ECU with similar pinout to an 808.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i like it :D

one suggestion with the module, go and visit super cheap auto or anywhere else with the part numbers in my efi conversion post, they can order them in and they arn't dear ... its one of those things i prefer to buy new for piece of mind!

i am helping my mate with a similar conversion, he already has the blue 202 in the EH and we are putting the delco injection on it that i had on my 202 before the V6 went in......

good to see a few getting around!!

as far as cams go, maybe something slightly bigger than a vk efi cam would be beneficial for performance ....
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

nice allways love a good delco conversion.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Rock_Lobster

Post by Rock_Lobster »

as far as cams go, maybe something slightly bigger than a vk efi cam would be beneficial for performance ....
Yes, the cam profile will require a bit of consideration. I read over at FASTLANE that :- "The most important aspect of the EFI cam is a delayed inlet closing to take advantage of the pressure boost created by standing waves in the inlet runners. You could easily make the cam slightly bigger in lift, duration and overlap but make sure you keep some delay in inlet close compared to a single carb cam grind."

Now, since I read it on the internet, it must be true. The cam profile can wait 'till the 202 build. The 202 build can wait 'till the EFI install. The EFI install can wait untill I finish repairing the rust in the LH rear dogleg. The rust in the LH rear dogleg can wait 'till I finish the shelving in the house extension. :evil:

Wayne
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

this all sounds like too much waiting to me :sad2:
so while we are waiting ..... got any pics of this EH you can share ?? i love pics :punk: