Constant Battery Voltage Pin A10 VNV6S1

Wiring diagrams and questions
S1VNV6Hilux
cars: VC Wagon, Hilux VN V6

Constant Battery Voltage Pin A10 VNV6S1

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

I have a Hilux conversion using the S1 VN V6 and the TH700. I am having issues trying to get the ECU to register wheel speed via the VSS (code 24). I am using the Marks 4wd VSS interface to convert the electronic signal from the VSS in the Hilux transfer case. I have checked the VSS and it is working however the output wire from the interface is staying at constant battery voltage where as the input from the VSS to the interface varies as it should .070v at idle then between .070v and 5v when moving. So the ECU is receiving a constant voltage of 12+ at the VSS input Pin A10 (hope it's not doing damage)?? My speedo works with or without the interface connected. So im guessing something is shot in the interface.... is there another option to fix this as marks want $250 for a new interface? seems a bit pricey to me..
S1VNV6Hilux

Re: Constant Battery Voltage Pin A10 VNV6S1

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

ok so the vss sensor off the hilux transfercase is a 3 wire hall effect dc voltage? from what i can work out the vn transmission vss was a transducer so ac voltage ?? then converted behind the dash cluster to a dc voltage then and back to the ecu at dc ?? is this correct? because i am wondering if i can just splice the sender wire from my hilux vss back to the ecu safely and then hopefully make any wheel speed changes required with in my nvram ? :hmm:
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

noooo the VN and VP (auto and manual) and the VR and VS t5 manual VSS is a DC square wave hall effect.(3 wire sensor, gnd, B+ and signal to ecu) . the VR and VS auto is the magnetic AC sine wave.
if your hilux is also 3 wire hall effect then you should be able to hook the hilux sensor straight up to the VSS pin of the ecu. youll just need to set the ppk in the tune correctly. a VN by defualt is 1250 pulses per kilometer. id say chances are the hilux is arount 6000 ish ppk.
S1VNV6Hilux

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

Thanks heaps Jayme :thumbup: i really appreciate everyone's help
S1VNV6Hilux

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

i am still running a standard VN S1 APNX V6 cal tune at the moment from VL400 can this handle the change in the ppk from 1250.05 to 6000 ish ? or will i be safer with a divide by 4 from jaycar ? has anyone made this change with success ?? basically i am just trying to get everything working and some logs done with the standard tune before changing to the VR BLCD V6 cal tune...
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yes you can edit the ppk in either tune. VN default is 1250, VR default is 6xxx cant rememebr exactly, but the VR doesnt use the divide by 5 circuit like the VN.
but you will need to do a log first to see how far out your pulses per kilometer is to correct it, then just multiply the current ppk value by the error factor. if itw wayyyyy out you might start gettin speed cuts at like 40km'h as it thinks you are doing 240 :P
S1VNV6Hilux

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

ok so the vns1 ecu expects a 2 pulse due to the divide by 5.. but if i connect straight from the VSS on the hilux transfer case the ECU i will be getting 10 pulses?? :hmm: i saw something about hilux being 4 pulse.. so im not sure if the hilux vss converts directly from 10 pules to 4 pules?? im so getting confused but thats nothing new, lol > i calculated a pkk by this method > new diff ratio X by older ppk value divided by old diff ratio and a get a ppk of 1978.56 > so i used the hilux ratio 4.875 X 1250.05ppk / vn diff ratio 3.08 would this be anywhere near the mark?? > i have sent a email off the marks to try and get the ppk for the hilux.. sorry if i make you guys feel like :wall: but i really do appreciate all your help and patience
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

just hook it up and go for a drive. see what speed the log says compared to reality. then change the ppk till its right :)
S1VNV6Hilux

Post by S1VNV6Hilux »

so before i tried doing that i checked the voltage direct from the A10 pin on the ECU with ignition on i get battery voltage.. should there been any voltage on that pin ??
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

S1VNV6Hilux wrote:so before i tried doing that i checked the voltage direct from the A10 pin on the ECU with ignition on i get battery voltage.. should there been any voltage on that pin ??
Was there anything else connected to that pin other than your volt meter?