147 LUX BCM Wiring Loom

Wiring diagrams and questions
dannyboyds
cars: VS Commodore

Re: 147 LUX BCM Wiring Loom

Post by dannyboyds »

Hey Cancel the bon fire guys, I fixed it, turns out that the trip computer wasn't getting power, once I powered it up it was all good.

Anyway, thanks allot to everyone, you all kick ass, i'll keep wandering around these forums trying to gleam some cool info, ive had some very good reading on here.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

good to hear your back up and running .... :punk:
dannyboyds

Post by dannyboyds »

yeah nearly, now the new keys from Mister MInute arn't doing anything :(

I hope there is just some ritual ive forgotten to make the BCM work.
dannyboyds

Post by dannyboyds »

ok well still not happening.

Dr Bob? any ideas? im getting error code 31 with the new BCM and the now correctly programmed keys, it cranks, but wont fire, central locking works, etc.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Do the keys have security in them? if not, have you cleard the VATs security from the memcal? Code 31 is "Theft Deterrent Signal missing".
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
dannyboyds

Post by dannyboyds »

Yeah the keys have the security code.

Erm clearing the vats would require software and a memcal writer, I have niether.

Thanks for the help everyone, this has come to an end however. its rooted, the end. Goodbye.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

A code 31 means the PCM and BCM are not talking to each other. If it cranks the BCM and key are matched but for a code 31 either the PCM is not requesting the security frame or it is and the BCM cannot respond with the correct data. It may also be a data bus fault, something may be holding the bus up.

Did the new BCM come from the same vehicle? It must be from a VS.
dannyboyds

Post by dannyboyds »

Yeah it came from a VS.

I'm just so frustrated, Holden have the car now, but i'm over it. I have a manual conversion, a supercharger setup (Sprintex twin screw, basically same internals as a whipple) a brake upgrade, basically thousands of dollars worth of stuff I wanted to put on the car, but i'm over it, it's a piece of poo I should have let burn.

I'm going to get a VP shell and start from there, modern wiring, engine the lot, a proper full paint job etc, then i'll put my goodies in something worth doing, if you are a member of JC you will know that this car is cursed, if it's not single mums running up the rear its a kangaroo in the front, this will be the third BCM this car has had, and every time I go to the store the 2 pack respray gets scratched or dented.

Sorry for the rant, feels good though aye.
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

if the keys have been programmed using a generic programmer they may not be correct, when done this way they need to be cycled in the ignition before trying to start so the programming finalises.

so the light stops flashing
it cranks
central locking works
but it wont start

is this it at present?