VR V6 PCM Wiring Diagram

Wiring diagrams and questions
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

VR V6 PCM Wiring Diagram

Post by VL400 »

VR V6 Auto wiring diagram attached. Sorry for the low res, if anyone has a better version please post it.
Attachments
VR V6 Auto.zip
(106.67 KiB) Downloaded 3530 times
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Re: VR V6 Auto Wiring Diagram

Post by VNracer34G »

I found this one from a link Holden202 put up to the old holdens site http://www.oldholdens.com/temp/carstuff ... 20Auto.jpg I've got 42G in the shed (14G's replacement, VRV6auto Production Saloon) that chucked a sumpfull out the rear main onto the exhaust~undercarriage~track at the first practice then fell over a big end by the sound of it :sad2:
The motor we pulled out yesterday appears to be a VNs2~VP - 8bolt crank, dipstick tube on right of sump and no cam angle sensor. The spare motor he picked up that we dropped in is def. VR auto (had the trans on it still, dipstick on left and cam angle sensor) the wiring for the oil sender and cam angle sensor has been picked out of the loom and taped up in it back by the throttle body almost :rant: :wtf:

Now that i've printed off the above wiring diagram i'll grab my ohm meter and check the plug back to the dfi before unpicking it. How important is the signal from the cam angle sensor to the ecu? Is it used by the motor or electronic auto? I have a VRmanual wagon out the back and it has no cam angle sensor. The trans in the car just gets put in 2nd then its stab and steer so shift points aren't an issue.
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the cam angle sensor is used for a vr auto to tell it when to fire which bank of injectors, whereas the vn/vp fires them all together so doesn't need it.
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Post by VNracer34G »

Holden202 wrote:the cam angle sensor is used for a vr auto to tell it when to fire which bank of injectors, whereas the vn/vp fires them all together so doesn't need it.
Thanks for the quick reply mate, so if it was running o.k with the other motor without a cam angle sensor it should be sweet leaving it off? that'll save me some mucking around with the loom :thumbup: or will it possibly upset the computer if its not getting a signal? the wiring on this car is a real ratsnest and if it works i'd rather let it be and save myself a headache
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You will get a CEL and it will just run batch fire instead of bank fire on the injectors but should run fine still. Its also used for individual spark correction but holden never populated the table with data so was 0 for all cylinders.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

check what ecu is in it first and memcal
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem