VZ alloytec PCM Pinout

Wiring diagrams and questions
Jayme

VZ alloytec PCM Pinout

Post by Jayme »

Hi,
I have a mate having trouble getting an alloytec going in a racecar. ive got the holden VZ workshop manual and its diagrams but the wiring diagram isnt real good and seems to be missing the pcm pin descritions like the earlier ones have, which would be really helpful. does anyone have this info hanging round?
VX L67 Getrag

Re: VZ alloytec PCM Pinout

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I think I have what your after but not legally transferable, so I will PM you with some help!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

nah I figured it out!! turns out the MY2005 VZ manual has no ECM connector end view tables, but the MY2006 manual does have it. so we are cross referencing the end view diagram now to make sure we have everyhting hooked up. fingers crossed the race car will have a running engine by the end of the day.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

Wiring is solved... next problem how to disable VATS when hptuners doesnt have it mapped out in their editor... may have to install a BCM, Keyhead and PIM yet...
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I was pretty sure it was possible with HPtuner I haven't done any tuning with it, but thought it was possible, I can't check till I'm at workshop tomorrow! Sorry does EFIlive have it mapped?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah it doesn't appear to be there, and from what I've seen of the HPT Forums there's no answers other than not possible.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

There is no cal to turn off VATS that anyones aware off. Even in the CAN Delphi ECUs it is patched in the code. HPTuners hasn't looked into it, I'm sure theres a skillset to do it here if someone was interested. Id love to have a crack but I don't think looking at Bosch Assembly code would be a sensible place to learn haha
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I think itd be more likely that i could use vl400's bcm sim with a pim and modified code to suit vz vats. Hopefully its similar. but then again i could just go install a bcm pim and key head and itll work as factory.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

Is there a PIM to ECM learn procedure? I seem to recall something along those lines but haven't played with one in a while
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Well the do have the vats relearn function for it on HPT but whether it works or not is another story!

I think I have a linked set that I got from a VZ & owes me $200, but hopefully we can sort out the no vats, I looked at E35b PCM vats removal with HPT & seeing that is a Bosch ECM hopefully it's similar, waiting on guru's to confirm what I found!