Replace Flash PCM With VX/VY S/C PCM

Wiring diagrams and questions
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Re: Replace Flash PCM With VX/VY S/C PCM

Post by 0081 »

I remember about someone on here using a ostrich or something like that a while ago to real time tune the flash PCM cant remember much about it tho.

The1 is possible to socket a flash pcm and run a nvram of some kind for real time tuning or does the PCM not allow it at all ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its possible but its hard to build. The flash chip from memory is hard soldered in so you need to do a lot of fine soldering for nvram or ostrich connection. The Kalmaker realtime hardware is the same. If they dont advertise it anymore its probably because its not worth it or has to be too expensive for them to build the hardware.

For vx/vy your probably better of tuning it non-realtime. Log your data, make your changes, flash, re-test and repeat.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

antus wrote: For vx/vy your probably better of tuning it non-realtime. Log your data, make your changes, flash, re-test and repeat.
>> 0081 - This is what your currently doing with your Flash PCM equipped S/C VY V6 isn't it ?

Cheers
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

OZ38 wrote:
antus wrote: For vx/vy your probably better of tuning it non-realtime. Log your data, make your changes, flash, re-test and repeat.
>> 0081 - This is what your currently doing with your Flash PCM equipped S/C VY V6 isn't it ?

Cheers
Yep that's what I'm currently doing but having real time would be very useful for some things.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 have you got pictures of where it connect to the plug ends of the flash PCM? Have you got connectors on there or soldered the wire straight to the pins?
The1

Post by The1 »

if you check the first picture the black heatshrink is the wires soldered to the pin wires.
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:if you check the first picture the black heatshrink is the wires soldered to the pin wires.
I thought that maybe the case. I have found these http://nz.rs-online.com/web/p/products/6805179/ that i thought may work with it. im not hugely confident in soldering the wires straight to the pins themselves and having them stay put.
The1

Post by The1 »

i always solder lol, dont want chance of dodgy connections
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

hey..............any chance that XLSX is available please :)
EDIT : NVM going blind in my old age.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

god damn. you really have to want to do this.
note ; if you are going to use in a later model (like vx) get the ECU plugs from a vt berlina or calais ... as they have things like the PRND321 indicators :)
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.