Replace Flash PCM With VX/VY S/C PCM

Wiring diagrams and questions
The1

Re: Replace Flash PCM With VX/VY S/C PCM

Post by The1 »

mostly just $250 for labour and you supply your own Flash PCM & VT plugs and loom wires. Though i have supplied those as well for some, looms usually around $150, you might have a wrecker around your area that will let you cut the plugs only for cheaper and flash pcm's are around $30 mark. I do have a spare loom here i havn't cut the plugs off yet and plenty of spare flash pcm's if you want one.
D_gee

Post by D_gee »

I have looms I dont really want to cut but I do already have a VT L67 ecu. How much including postage without the flash based ecu? And when would you have the time to complete it as its a pretty hektik time of year.
D_gee

Post by D_gee »

Have you still got that shorter adapter loom from the picture? Ill buy it if you still do please mate. Dont need the vt pcm just the loom.

Cheers, Danny.
The1

Post by The1 »

yep, pm sent.
ralcool
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Post by ralcool »

Hi gang, I'll throw a introduction post in the general forums outlining the car and mods so far.

I do have a questioning directly related to this thread... so I think we're on topic.

There are obviously some sound reasons listed to wish to toss out the flash pcm and refit a VT style memcal unit. ('396)

Now I have read here and elsewhere though, that the VY flash pcm ('238 & '268) is faster and has superior knock control.
Oddly it wasn't applied to the S/C engine.

For my VS L67 engine, which no longer has a BCM, ABS.. and other rubbish on the aldl bus. Would it be worth it to upgrade to a flash unit?
I don't plan on real time tuning, normal logging should be enough for my needs until its tweaked down.

Fitting would be a repin job much like the opening post.... just a different direction! And what tune would best suit it?
How could I be certain all S/C related parameters are enabled and tables populated.

I've bought a '238 from a '03 VY Auto, with DTCF as yet untouched. Directly comparing Bins is a little tricky since they use differing XDFs.

I'd be interested to hear what opinions there are on this.

Cheers,
Sean
The1

Post by The1 »

the flash pcm's are N/A only, so will take some tune fiddling if you want to run a supercharged or turbo engine on it, i wouldn't recomend it as it's limited to 700 cylair for the tables, where as enhanced mod with vt type pcm can handle upto 1650cylair.

Yes the flash pcm has dual bank knock detection, ive never found it any better than standard knock control, in either case it's just a saftey system, if you want to tune it properly use knock ears
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Faster cpu doesnt translate to any real world benifit either.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Chuff

Post by Chuff »

So by using this adapter cable and a 16233396 PCM fitted with a PCM NVRAM loaded with The1's Enhanced OS I could do Real Time tuning of Commodore N/A VX/VY V6 engines and automatic transmissions in TunerPro RT.

Is that correct?
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
The1

Post by The1 »

yes, though for vx/vy to keep dash happy you will be using the supercharged bins, so adjustements in the tune will be needed for n/a, litterally when i tested on my vx n/a i just copied the injector settings over and spark and it was driveable.
Chuff

Post by Chuff »

From the short Googling I've done, this seems to be the only option for Real Time tuning of N/A VX/VY V6 engines and automatic transmissions. I've read mention of Kalmaker being available on another forum but I can't find any mention of this on the Kalmaker site.

So would this be the only Real Time tuning option available?
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs