Holden Tech1 Wiring Adapter

Wiring diagrams and questions
Jayme

Holden Tech1 Wiring Adapter

Post by Jayme »

Im not really expecting to get far with this one but just in case there are any tech1 experts out there here we go..

My mate works at the local holden dealership, some idiot there lost the adapter plug for the tech1 to plug into the VS OBD2 style socket under the dash. so this basically renders their tech1 useless. the boss there doesnt seem to want to fork out for a replacement/doesnt care or something... so what I was wondering was if anyone knows how the tech1 adapter is wired up.

this is where it usually connects to on the tech1
Tech1 connector
Tech1 connector
14012010095.jpg (43.9 KiB) Viewed 3501 times

so can I just mosey on down to jaycar and get a 15 pin female plug and an OBD2 plug and wire them up in some sort of order and off I go resetting my airbag light? or is there some sort of silly hardware in between them somewhere?

second quesiton, could I just save all that trouble and use their tech 2 to reset my VS airbag light, (the dealer doesnt seem to think the tech 2 will work on a VS)
Apples

Re: Holden Tech1 Wiring Adapter

Post by Apples »

The dealer is correct Tech 2 wont work on any thing before VT.
I have access to a Tech 1 but not the VS adapter can check cable pinning from Tech 1 to cable end plug that go on to the adaptor if that will help.
I can do this tomorrow for you if you want.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
Jayme

Re: Holden Tech1 Wiring Adapter

Post by Jayme »

well, I have never seen a tech 1 in person. I didnt realise there was another set of plugs in the line. I will find out, he said he lost the adapter so maybe he still has that cable. ill check before you go getting the pinout for possibly no reason.