Post by vp304 »

Yeh I knew about the devide 5 bit
Il get it sorted out in the tune and tell u guys how I go
Thanks for all your help
vp304

Re: Ls1 conversion wiring help needed

Post by vp304 »

Im back from the dead hehe

Ok so i changed the way i had this all wired and need you guys experience on it.

So now when the signal comes up from the 700r speedo sender instead of going to the cluster i cut the wire and ran it through the converter box then to the ls1 ecu

The output wire of the ls1 ecu red connector pin 50 i think it was i hooked this up to the signal wire that goes to the cluster.

Now with the car wheels up in the ground and the car in drive i know the speedo at idle in drive would read around 40kph or so.

When i tested mine out it shot up to around 160 180 kph lol

I can get my mate around to adjust the ppk etc settings on the ls1 ecu.

What i want to know before i get him to come down out of his way is
Will the vp dash cluster be happy with the vss signal the ls1 ecu outputs to run the vp cluster speedo ?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

can't answer that as to weather the vp will like the signal or not, but why didn't you just leave the original signal going to the cluster un changed and then T it off to the converter box ?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Dakota digital do a great unit.
Will accept square or sine wave input. 2 outputs can be both same or different outputs both with different correction.
You could have speed sender straight to this box. The square out to the vp dash and sine out to the ls ecu.
And have pulse correction on both outputs.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Dylan is it the sgi 5

if so i have one lying around already.

Holden202t the un changed signal to the cluster was working but is still 10kph out even after i changed the speedo gear on the gearbox. Due to diff gears
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you can make the stock speedo adjustable to account for diff gears just involves removing 1 resistor and replacing with a variable resistor enter this site into the way back internet archive has speedo section showing how to modify the speedo unit http://members.ozemail.com.au/~brettsue ... /index.htm
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Thanks for the link delowizzid i think i saved this page years ago but it come up now on the way back machine.

Im just trying to keep it all as basic as possibile at the moment less things to go wrong.

Dylan i looked at the sgi 5 manual and my head boggled a little lol. Dont know how i got it to work last time i used it but yeh lol
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

delcowizzid wrote:you can make the stock speedo adjustable to account for diff gears just involves removing 1 resistor and replacing with a variable resistor enter this site into the way back internet archive has speedo section showing how to modify the speedo unit http://members.ozemail.com.au/~brettsue ... /index.htm

that modification only alters the needle position. the odometer will remain incorrect ;)
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

vp304 wrote:Dylan is it the sgi 5

if so i have one lying around already.

Holden202t the un changed signal to the cluster was working but is still 10kph out even after i changed the speedo gear on the gearbox. Due to diff gears

Sounds like it. Very powerfull piece of gear.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

Vl400 ???