Vs V6 Ecotec wiring problems

Wiring diagrams and questions
lacham05

Vs V6 Ecotec wiring problems

Post by lacham05 »

Hi all
I am having trouble wiring my engine into a hilux ute.
I have all of the relays in basically the same as factory except for the A/C ones as I'm not running aircon. I don't have the O2 sensors plugged in either.

My main concern is that I have a BCM simulator and the instructions that it came with said there should be power in the 9pin connector by the PCM plugs but there is none.

The other problem is I also have no power at pin A4 in the loom which by looks of it should have power go from a pink/black wire which then changes to a pink wire somewhere.

At this stage it won't start or have any hint of starting but just wondering if these will cause issues.

Thanks
Holden202T

Re: Vs V6 Ecotec wiring problems

Post by Holden202T »

A4 is ignition power, and I believe it is fed through the connector plug just near the computer, you'll need to run one from the ignition to that plug if you haven't already....
lacham05

Post by lacham05 »

Cool thanks mate I'll give that a go and see from there
lacham05

Post by lacham05 »

Given the PCM ignition power at the A4 terminal and now my fuel pump goes but I still can't get it to start. Doesn't even hint and starting. Just spins round and round.

Any other things I should check or need to have? I'll put up a diagram of how I've got it wired soon
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Start with the basics

Check for spark and injector pulse.
See what DTC's it has if any

Is the BCM simulator working?
My understanding is it will have spark and no pulse and throw a code if that's the issue. I may be wrong.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Injector and module powered up? Its a separate feed to the ecu.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Post by pman92 »

Also check you haven't mixed the fuel pressure and return lines up. Pressure goes to rail and return goes to regulator.

I know these are pretty basic things you've probably already checked but it's important to make sure they are right, and what you find will decide where you look next.
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
lacham05

Post by lacham05 »

I have checked and the injectors have all got power but I have found that the fuel pump will run when I turn the key to IGNITION for about 5-10 seconds then shuts off...

I'm assuming the PCM is shutting it off for some reason as it provides the power to the fuel pump relay. Or its loosing Oil pressure and not closing the circuit?

I also don't have any of the fan relays wired up but I wouldn't have imagined that it would affect it?

EDIT: I have two PCMs, a VS auto and VS Manual and they both won't work.

Also failing that is there someone in NZ/post to OZ I can send the memcals to, to get the VATS switch off? Atleast that will eliminate the BCM simulator not working
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

I'm in nz and can rid it of vats easy send me a pm
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
lacham05

Post by lacham05 »

PM'd thanks