vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

VP body wiring diagram?

Post by vlad01 »

VP body wiring diagram? does anyone have one?

Trying to locate a fault on my nephew's car. The windscreen washer pump doesn't work, and didn't from when he bough it earlier in the year.

Switch works, tried it in another car and tried a new working switch to be sure, pump works, ground to pump is fine. Wipers go as they should when pressing the wash button just not the pump. Related fuses and power are ok, so I reckon its in the wiring somewhere. Only I don't have a diagram, never had to with all the VP's I've owned, nothing really gone wrong til this one.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
j_ds_au

Re: VP body wiring diagram?

Post by j_ds_au »

I've only ever seen for VN. I believe they are the same. Try here :
http://web.archive.org/web/201001151408 ... iring.html

Joe.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

nah, its different, the cluster switches are wired differently in VN and can cause wires to burn if you swap from VN to VP. Look at the switches and functions are swapped here and there from the 2 models.

but, I no longer require a diagram. Turns out the "good" pump I tested actually died when I installed it in the car. I went back to basics and found it was shot, like the original one that I replaced in the first place.

So I bought a brand new one and its all good. Also sorted out the speedo jumping at 80Km/h, (unrelated problem) and found it in seconds, the VSS cable was only half plugged in.

So electrically the whole car is like new again :thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Cool ... and thanks for the caution about the wiring differences!

Joe.