WraithGTO
cars: HSV GTO
VS Series 3 V8 Manual UTE
Jeep CJ10 AMC 360 V8 Manual
Suzuki 1100 Katana

VS Low BCM Pins 4 and 10

Post by WraithGTO »

G'day

Looking in the factory service manual for the Low series BCM pinouts. Pin 4 and pin 10 on Connector YB134 are not used on a LOW series BCM.
Looking at the BCM PCB , these pins have circuits on the PCB .

What I was thinking, is there any way of testing if pins 4 and 10 they are active ?

The reason I am asking this is , I have a VS Ute with a Hard lid and was going to put remote locks on the hard lid.
I heard with the newer VU-VZ utes . when fitting remote locking for a Hard lid . It can be linked up to a 3rd button on a 3 button remote key head.
My VS Ute came with a 2 button key head. This got me thinking about the VS Calais and Statesman with their remote boot release. Maybe I could hook the hard lid remote locking up to the boot release pin.
Then looking at the VS high series BCM. It has a pin for remote boot release. But the VS low series BCM doesn't have a pin for the boot release :cry:
That got me thinking about the Pin 4 and Pin 10 of a LOW series BCM. wishful thinking that Holden omitted this from the service manual.

I wonder if either PIN 4 or 10 give a signal if a 3 button remote is used???
The only way I thought of testing my theory is to Buy a 3 button remote , and get it coded to my car. Then cross my fingers and push the 3rd button on the remote and hope there is a signal produced at pin 4 or 10. A expensive gamble ( New key head + Programming) to test a idea.

Does anyone know what pin 4 and 10 are for ?
Is there any other way of checking these pins ?

Cheers
Holden202T

Re: VS Low BCM Pins 4 and 10

Post by Holden202T »

cant help you with what the empty spots are for, but have you thought about just making the hard lid open and close with the front doors ? I know its not quite as nice as having a separate button but it would still work.
WraithGTO
cars: HSV GTO
VS Series 3 V8 Manual UTE
Jeep CJ10 AMC 360 V8 Manual
Suzuki 1100 Katana

Re: VS Low BCM Pins 4 and 10

Post by WraithGTO »

Hi Holden202T thanks for the info
I have been thinking about using the front door circuit to activate the hard-lid locks.

It was Just an idea I had about the pins 4 and 10 and a 3 button remote.
There is probably no code on the chip in the BCM for pins 4-10 anyway.

I just remembered i have a new 3 button key head here somewhere. If I can find it.
Next time I go to the city, I should get the key head programmed and test for a signal at the BCM.