v6 808 spark reference wire

Wiring diagrams and questions
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

v6 808 spark reference wire

Post by jca »

Hi guys just wonder if any body knows which wire id need to cut to prevent ignition advance on a delco 808 b4 i start playing
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Re: v6 808 spark reference wire

Post by jca »

Its for a speedway car and rules state no modded memcals but you can modify the balancer so my idea is to mod the balancer and cut reference wire so timing is locked at what i set it on the balancer
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

like all the v6 sprintcar tunes, 20 degrees across the entire map .... not the right way to do it .....
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

What speedway class is it? Some can have a modified tune.

Holden202T you serious some wingless run 20 degree fixed timing?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

lol love ridiculous speedway rules... want to run an ecotec in spoeedway - cool no worries we will make it "fair" and limit power by making you run a VN ecu with a tune that effectively makes the ecotec lean with too much timing ....... :wall:

anyways best way may be to keep the ecu controlling timing, but move the CAS a bit to advance or retard the whole curve... im not a fan of locking timing.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

Dylan wrote:What speedway class is it? Some can have a modified tune.

Holden202T you serious some wingless run 20 degree fixed timing?

yep ive seen many, and just helped a friend dyno a wingless that was sold this "dyno tuned memcal" whole spark map full of number 20 ...
needless to say it ran way better with more power and ran cooler under race conditions when tuned correctly.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

street stockers are not allowed to modify the ecu, sticker over the lid to make sure you don't..... and the stocker rules pretty well say "must appear stock from the outside" so they do whatever they can to get a few hp here or there, and the stupid thing is, if you use an ecotec your allowed to use only the VN/VP computer .....

v6 sprintcars have no issues with tuning, but they have no fucking idea, I've seen tunes with 20 across the entire spark map, and change the AFR table to get the tune right rather than the VE ..... I've also seen drilled injectors and all sorts of shit.... most of them run like busted asses!

as for the balancer, im sure theres 3 bolts holding the cas choppers in place ...... slot them ?
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

as for the balancer, im sure theres 3 bolts holding the cas choppers in place ...... slot them ?
yeah, done that one :D

I have built 'modded' harnesses for street stockers before with built in... lets say, adjustments to ECU inputs...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Digging for info here. How much timing 100kpa you boys run on the wingless? Tuned a mates but unsure on the timing they will take with the methanol. Wasn't done on a dyno.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

around 23-25 I think was the highest I did .... but it all depends, if they have more comp or different inlet/exhaust it will all change it ... dyno really is the best option :)