VN VP Wiring Loom

Wiring diagrams and questions
v6bucket

VN VP Wiring Loom

Post by v6bucket »

I'm currently setting up what I believe is a VN/VP loom to fit an 808 ecu to a 202 Holden 6. It was removed from a VP V6 sedan. After opening up the loom, so that it will fit the straight 6, I've noticed that the neg side of the injector wiring has 3 injectors with Light Blue to pin D15 & 3 with Grey to pin D16 in the same configuration as the VR V6. This loom doesn't have cam sensor wiring & all other wiring is the same as 808 wiring. Another thing that I found is that it doesn't have an ALDL plug in the loom & doesn't have any signs of it being removed. Is this from a later VP just prior to the VR or early VR before the change to the 424 ecu?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: VN VP Wiring Loom

Post by Dylan »

I've found the ALDL plugs are a hit and miss on tge VN VP looms.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

v6bucket wrote:I'm currently setting up what I believe is a VN/VP loom to fit an 808 ecu to a 202 Holden 6. It was removed from a VP V6 sedan. After opening up the loom, so that it will fit the straight 6, I've noticed that the neg side of the injector wiring has 3 injectors with Light Blue to pin D15 & 3 with Grey to pin D16 in the same configuration as the VR V6. This loom doesn't have cam sensor wiring & all other wiring is the same as 808 wiring. Another thing that I found is that it doesn't have an ALDL plug in the loom & doesn't have any signs of it being removed. Is this from a later VP just prior to the VR or early VR before the change to the 424 ecu?
I'd say its a VR manual loom as they are virtually the same except the ALDL is under the dash via another patch loom, have 2 sets of injector ground wires and also no cam sensor as you describe.

I have boxes of VP looms and I also have a series 2 VP last few weeks of production. Loom is as normal.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

You might be right, there isn't any wiring for the TCC circuit.
So will this loom still work ok with an 808 or will I have to modify the loom?
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

v6bucket wrote:So will this loom still work ok with an 808 or will I have to modify the loom?

Plug and play. Actually is you get the SXR board for the 808 or a VR manual ECU you can then just add in the OBD style plug and use the ALDL cable.

That will interface via the main body loom to engine loom plug under the dash passenger side. There should be an extra couple of wires for the ALDL that are normally blank on the VP/VN.

I modify all my VP looms to be more like VR looms so I don't have to bugger around with USB comms, neater and one cable and settings for everything.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Does it have the VSS connector on it? VN VP were in a seperate loom compared to VR VS.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Dylan wrote:Does it have the VSS connector on it? VN VP were in a seperate loom compared to VR VS.

it does, They are in the main interface plug iirc for manual VR. Im sure its virtually the same as VP/VN apart from small differences in injector and ALDL wiring.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

VR had the VSS and reverse wiring in the same harness as the engine, all in one.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

It had the 3 wires, which I traced back, that's when I started finding some other differences, such as the injector wiring & some slight colour differences.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hows this look compared to your loom ?
VRV6 Manual Wiring Diagram.pdf
(99.38 KiB) Downloaded 631 times