Vy cluster bench wiring

Wiring diagrams and questions
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Re: Vy cluster bench wiring

Post by hsv08 »

Dylan wrote:Maybe you need to ground an input for some door switches? Such as bonnet or boot or door switches. The cluster will alert you when the alarm has been previously activated and even which door or boot was opened. Something to check off anyway.
here is a video of it starting up with BCM connected,
looking through the BCM PDF i have all the doors switches are earthed when open, so being open circuit they wont be pulling low so BCM should think the doors are shut.
It could be that when the BCM and cluster power up it goes straight to ON (both ON and Ignition and BCM main power are triggered together.
The cluster did come up as "hotwired" on a few startups haha.

Please excuse my wife in the background,
Apparently i lead her to drink....

https://youtu.be/HxF-Rhoo08Q
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

There very well could be more to this. But you say pulled low. If you have those inputs shorted to ground that's same as door open.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Dylan wrote:There very well could be more to this. But you say pulled low. If you have those inputs shorted to ground that's same as door open.
Thats what I thought also?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
evilstuie
cars: 1985 Pontiac TransAM

Post by evilstuie »

Old thread but thought it was fitting, does the trip computer work off the PCM data or through the BCM?

My trip computer on my VY dash with LS1 PCM doesn't show any fuel consumption or instant fuel usage data.
I'm wondering if its a fuse, a wire not grounded/wired in properly, or a PCM flash setting I need to set up.