Vs Body to engine bay loom

Wiring diagrams and questions
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Vs Body to engine bay loom

Post by hsv08 »

After a pinout of the VS V6 body to engine loom.

Basically have a guy that wants me to make up the body loom for a VS thats now running and RB30 in it, it will run RB ECM,Loom, and motor. But obviously need to rig up the rest back to the cabin/bcm.
Holden202T

Re: Vs Body to engine bay loom

Post by Holden202T »

wouldn't it be easier to keep the VS body loom and wire the RB engine ecm into that ?
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Holden202T wrote:wouldn't it be easier to keep the VS body loom and wire the RB engine ecm into that ?
Sorry that's what I mean. He is using the RB engine loom but I need to connect it into the vs body loom where the 2 plugs are at the firewall

I'm after a diagram of what those 2 big plugs contain so I can splice whatever needs to be of the RB loom into that
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I think you'd be better off getting an RB diagram and finding out what from it you need to make it work, then find out where they are in the VS plugs.

unfortunately I don't have any RB diagrams.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Holden202T wrote:I think you'd be better off getting an RB diagram and finding out what from it you need to make it work, then find out where they are in the VS plugs.

unfortunately I don't have any RB diagrams.
I have the RB diagrams, will see what needs connecting up. but still after what those two plugs on the firewall contain
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Battery supply for ecm, relay control for fans, tach and temp signals all that stuff.
Also another in the kick panel above the ecu mount too there's a third plug from the engine loom.
Get an old V6 loom use for the plugs and trace out what each pin does.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Dylan wrote:Battery supply for ecm, relay control for fans, tach and temp signals all that stuff.
Also another in the kick panel above the ecu mount too there's a third plug from the engine loom.
Get an old V6 loom use for the plugs and trace out what each pin does.
The guys has both the RB loom and all the VS loom plugs that he will send with the loom, ive got many chopped up VT-VY looms floating around just not VS stuff, I know there similar but not the same (VT had 3 plugs up by strut tower that went into vehicle AFAIR)

I Have no problems reading wiring diagrams but the only diagrams I have for VS look like a birds nest compared to the later stuff!
I will keep looking

Thanks guys
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Still 3 plugs doing same things just in different spot. VS has more stuff wired to the dash like CEL and temp unlike later where it's picked up over data stream.