Wiring diagrams and questions
oss96
cars: 96 Vs ss manual
97 Vs v8 Calais
09 Ve ssv manual
17 vf ssv redline manual

Vs v8 auto to manual conversion, reverse lights

Post by oss96 »

Just wondering if anyone can give some insight on the reverse light wiring.. I know the reverse lights can be wired to the auto inhibitor switch through the dust boot, but I find it looks messy/ugly and would rather a more factory look. I know the factory vs v8 manual harness contain the reverse light wiring, and doesn't power through the ECM. but were does it actually go from the harness? Are the reverse lights powered by the bcm somewhere? Or is it just as simple as a power somewhere on/in the body? Or in the engine bay? Any help would be great fellas.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vs v8 auto to manual conversion, reverse lights

Post by vlad01 »

don't know about v8 vs specifically, but on all VN and VP models the reverse lights were through a grommet in the tunnel with the speedo sensor wires. On my VR I purchases a 20mm die and punched the hole out and just made a custom patch loom, half VN/VP box end and totally custom interior side. I use the PW/ECO wires going back to the auto PCM to carry the speedo signal for the 808 ECU.

Anyway as for the grommet location, there is a divet left of center forward of the radio fascia on the tunnel, this is punched out 20mm on VN/VP from factory but left only marked with a locating divet on VR/VS. I had this all documented with wiring on my thread but no pics atm due to photobucket being scum.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

It's in one of the 2 plugs in the engine bay. Have you fitted a VS loom to a VS it a VR? As the VR body side is different there.

But by using the factory method with the power shift button it all comes together.
oss96
cars: 96 Vs ss manual
97 Vs v8 Calais
09 Ve ssv manual
17 vf ssv redline manual

Post by oss96 »

I'm pretty sure it's a vs loom, it all come out of a wrecked vs clubsport I even got the ecu out of it bmzl code, so given its a vs v8 loom going into a vs v8 should be just plug and play no other modifications? Or not so simple? What's this about using the factory pwr shift button?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

That's how factory done it. Where the inhibitor and reverse lights plug is. A factory plug goes between there and where the power economy plug. I don't have a picture sorry. It's all plug and play when done right.