VN-VS Engine to Body loom connectors

Wiring diagrams and questions
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

VN-VS Engine to Body loom connectors

Post by pman92 »

Hey guys,
Just a question regarding interchangeability of engine looms.

On a VS V8 Auto engine loom, there is:
-A 7 pin connector near the ECU (containing ALDL, Diag test enable, fuel usage signal, VSS signal to speedo, ECU IGN supply, pwr/econ switch signal)

-A 6 pin connector (Battery +, Injector +, Fuel pump etc)
-A 8 pin connector (oil + temp + tacho signals, A/C + fan control)
Im not actually sure where these are located (guessing on the firewall near brake booster???)

Are these 3 connectors used on all VN-VS?
I know the 7 pin connector near the ECU looks similar to the VN loom I used a couple of years ago but don't remember the other 2.

I know there is other things different (speed sensor, BCM etc) that would stop you plugging a VS loom into a VN and it working, but are the 3 connectors used physically the same? Are the pin outs the same or similar?

Thanks in advance
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VN-VS Engine to Body loom connectors

Post by vlad01 »

The 2 in the engine bay are right next to the fuse/relay box. See pic, its the 2 on the right of the pic.

The one near the ECU, although physically fits I recall needs a conversion patch lead made or some repining. It also depends on which way its being converted, 808 style to VR/VS or the other way.

I fully documented this in the wiring section on the pinout and how to convert them but unfortunately photobucket fucked everything up so, no pics no info.
Attachments
IMG_1839.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.