Help before I burn it

Wiring diagrams and questions
delcowizzid

Help before I burn it

Post by delcowizzid »

So anyone who's read my issue with my airbag module filling with coffees sand and saltwater will know I had some corroded pins .today I attempted a fix new used module out of a crashed vx sedan (non deployment of bags) same part number module and I took the wiring plug too and spent an hour or more soldering and heatshrinking every single bloody wire.got it finished up bolted the module in plugged it in turned the key and what do you know bloody airbag light and beep still .tazzi was nice enough to extend my licence for body diagnostics software so out I went thinking I've actually got a failed clockspring or some shit. Well fucj me the new airbag module and plug hasn't helped the loss of comms to the airbag module.software can't detect the airbag module.whats the chances I've nuked the line into the bcm or the aldl switching inside it need to get to the bottom of this issue asap had 400 bucks in tickets all ready
IDEAS THOUGHTS guys
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Help before I burn it

Post by Dylan »

Nothing constructive but are you getting fined for this problem?
Need any parts sourced from over here?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

That's one fine from not having a current warrent of fitness (nz roady ) can't pass that with airbag light on I'm getting close to wiring the light to the abs light so it acts ok to pass lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I'd just do that, game over then. No problems
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Yeah but the legalities
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Turn the airbag light off to get past the Warrant? This is easily done with a basic scan tool, change the option of airbags to off in the IPC...

Then to fix the issue, go and have a beer or two and calm down, then get out your multimeter and check the data lines for continuity. Check at the module for power and earth (from memory the earth comes from the body of the module being bolted down) there isn't much else that will stop it from communicating.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Hang on a minute, you started talking about the airbag module in your first post then for the rest of the post you mention abs?... how many beers have you had today ;)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Sorry using a silly phone and bloody autocorrect is auto uncorrect lol
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

And no cause the car came with them the light has to function .I've checked the airbag fuse was dark by the time I got tazzi to fix my licence so havnt had a chance to look any further.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure it still lights up at key on?