Police spec VS V6 ECU & wiring harness ?

Wiring diagrams and questions
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Re: Police spec VS V6 ECU & wiring harness ?

Post by Charlescrown »

My opinion is it's a "just in case". The output power of most transceivers would not cause a problem if there is sufficient earthing which I am sure would be done to eliminate stray RF current. Does anyone know just how far back it goes?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm sure its the case as well. As it would be costly to re-develop ECUs to suit, rather be cheaper to do in case as a base design that can be expanded if/when needed. Makes sense for limited number of units where development is far more costly vs units sold. Also regulations, red tape blah would no doubt be involved.

There is also a possibility that the shielding is meant for the other way around, to stop emissions from the ECU effecting the equipment in the car.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Ive seen 25 watts of power kill 1st gen liberty efi. Were talking 100 watt here. Antenna design and location and other grounding also plays a part.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396