Fuel Pump Wiring

Wiring diagrams and questions
brindo

Fuel Pump Wiring

Post by brindo »

For those of you with Commodores running additional or twin fuel pumps, how have you done the wiring? Have you run a whole new circuit for the second pump? Or just used the original wiring and put a larger fuse in and haven’t had any dramas? Will the standard wiring handle the extra current of a second pump or how many amps is the original wiring good for?
Just looking at options to see if it’s as simple as just putting in a larger fuse or running a whole new wire but don’t want to create a problem or make it unreliable..
delcowizzid

Re: Fuel Pump Wiring

Post by delcowizzid »

Run an amp wiring kit to the rear to a relay triggered off the original pump wiring.i leave the intank or feed for surge in the original wiring and just use the new run for the 2nd pump.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

in the past i've normally run a beefy (fused) wire from the battery to the boot, then put a relay in there to run additional pumps and use the original fuel pump wiring only to activate the relay.

And if running multi pumps on boost i just duplicate it for second pump and use ECM control of another relay for second pump on boost only.
oldn64
cars: Vq Statesman, VE SS wagon, VE Sv6, VY SV8, VL Belina

Post by oldn64 »

I like delco use the original wiring to trigger a relay. However, I then use holden202t to run the hot side of the relay to provide enough current for the new pump(or pumps).

cheers
oldn64