Conversion Issue

Wiring diagrams and questions
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Re: Conversion Issue

Post by Dec_head »

Yeah but did you try with the fuel pump relay out and good plugs until it fires.
If it is flooding that is are the plugs wet ?
And i believe aerostart is good for cleaning fouled plugs or start ya bastard but are these new plugs still working have you tested them individually to make sure they are firing ?
If the plugs are wet I would take all the plugs out and fuel pump relay wind it over a bit even leave em out for a bit longer if possible make sure i had decent plugs that were all firing put them in and try it.
Honestly i have seen this sort of problem where ngk standard plugs foul rich easy as and won't work 2 many times but the ngk with the grooved v in the tip must be a better plug because a guy recently had the same thing happen with a new high comp engine he replaced the plugs with stock ngk's fouled them almost instantly had the same sort of trouble your having.
Anyway removed the fuel pump relay fitted the old ngk the ones with the v groove in the electrode and it fired up straight away and is still running although rich atleast it run

Post by Newbie »

It sounds like it is firing and trying to run but wont i have rotated dissy round by hand to see if it can get a back pop or kick back and it will.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Is there any codes in ecm and have you datalogged\connected to ecm and checked what is happening with your laptop.
Have you checked timing in diag mode is 10 deg with a timing light and that the balancer tdc mark is in the correct position.
Sounds like you need a box of matches. :comp:

Post by Newbie »

vn5000 wrote:Is there any codes in ecm and have you datalogged\connected to ecm and checked what is happening with your laptop.
Check with snapon scanner no codes
Have you checked timing in diag mode is 10 deg with a timing light and that the balancer tdc mark is in the correct position.
Yes i did thats how i checked timing
Sounds like you need a box of matches. :comp:
Not long now :lol: next is Come racing manifold and 650 holley with points dissy to try :lol:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

when i was trying to get my 80lb injectors setup for cold starts etc i was having alot of issues with flooding and fouling plugs ... one thing i found to be a good way to get it going was to do the following:

* remove all plugs and wind the motor over without fuel on to clear cylinders a bit.
* get throttle body/carby cleaner and spray all plugs then wire brush them to remove fouling etc
* spray a good 2 seconds of throttle body/carby cleaner into each cylinder then re-install the plugs
* enable fuel and kick it over with about 1/4 to 1/3 throttle

if it runs it will most probably smoke like shit till all the fuel is drawn through everywhere its been pooling but that should get you going - just don't let it stall!! :P

Post by Newbie »

Hey mate,
Yep been down that route and tried that except replaced plugs i have removed plugs and wound over a few times. I would be over the moon if i could get it run actually start and run like crap because at least it would give a glimmer of hope that it will actually start and i could work on it from there
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

sorry for posting the obvious just thinking out loud since you are desparate, but how do you know you have the timing right? timing light on the crank? sure its not 180 out? it would still time right on the crank if it was....
OR is it possible your balancer has spun this giving you a bum steer n the timing. checked it against cyl 1 with something shoved down the hole?

Post by Newbie »

Thanks Mate,
Yes the balancer correct checked it using tdc no1 with dead stop same way i degree camshafts. Timing is definently correct position and i did check with timing light. I did initally spin dissy 180 to test and it backfired
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

If its got good spark at the right time, fuel and comp it should go, at least start and run rough .
Ive never seen it before but maybe the cam chain has heaps of stretch and has jumped a tooth,maybe pull r\cover and check if valve o\lap is at tdc.
Also are you getting good voltage and earth at coil ,ign module and ecm when cranking .
You could also datalog while cranking , thats where i would start.

Post by Newbie »

Yeap i have been tearing my hair out for ages this is why i thought i would post i the hope someone had expreienced somthing similar
Without removing the timing cover i cant say definently but i also have never seen a holden v8 jump a tooth. The vavle train is opening at what appears to be correct time. All wiring was test to be fine
The only thing i will try is chnage the dissy again. The brand new aftermarket one made no difference and didnt change the way it fired, and test fine when i checked it with scope and was the same as original one. But anything ios possible with the shit that come over form china these days