$12P Cranking signal input

Wiring diagrams and questions
LabZ
cars: HZ Wagon [808 Injected Turbo Intercooled 202 On its way]

$12P Cranking signal input

Post by LabZ »

Hi Guys,
I've been floating around these forums for a while, i'm in the proces of modifying a VN V6 loom for my 202 (and watching bathurst... good ol multitasking). I noticed in the flags in TP5 theres a "Crank input active high" flag, does this mean i can just connect straight up to the solenoid power on the starter motor for my cranking signal? I'm hoping this isnt a totally stupid question, but ive always been told the only dumb question is the one you dont ask.
Thanks in advance
Sean
Jayme

Re: $12P Cranking signal input

Post by Jayme »

nope, the VN v6 wiring for the ecu stays far away from the starter solenoid wiring. the crank input is referring to the crank trigger signal from the DFI module. im guessing you will be using a reulctor dizzy and a camira ignition module instead of the dfi.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

normally it uses the brake fail warning circuit to tell the ecu its cranking on the v6
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
LabZ

Post by LabZ »

The brake fail warning was what i was going off, the way i read the schematic for the vn was the brake fail circuit was low (0v) when cranking and high (+12v) when not cranking.... i may have read it wrong, if im right im gonna need a cranking signal relay :(
But if i can use an active high signal fron the starter solenoid instead of an active low from the brake fail circuit it would make one less relay to wire up and a whole tonne less stuffing around. i just noticed that flag and thaught i may be able to do the cranking signal a little easyer by using an active high signal.
Turns out the question wasnt quite as silly is i thaught when i was typing it out before :mrgreen:

Sean
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

as i see it its mainly for the crank to no crank situation for backfire inhibitor probably not really needed .not all have it i think v8 doesnt have it and backfire inhibitor is off in the tunes :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
LabZ

Post by LabZ »

Cool, thanks delcowizzid. I think i'll give the active high flag a go and see if it works, if it doesnt it shouldnt hurt too much. The ecu isn't in the car yet so i can hopefully play around with it on the bench in the shed and see if its functioning the way im hoping it will.
Thanks again for the help guys :thumbup:
Sean
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i've never needed it in any of the 202 conversions i've done!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah the vb turbo doesnt have it either
LabZ

Post by LabZ »

wow you guys make this delco conversion easyer and easyer all the time
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

thats what the forum is here for mate :punk: