Vh sle
Porsche 928
Dodge charger
Va sti
Porsche cayenne turbo

Huge boo boo vx clubsport

Post by Ziller »

Hi all,
I managed to damage main wiring harness on drivers side by running additional wiring through the grommet.
Anyway that being said and the big mistake it was I now am searching for.solutiom. I repaired picked/damaged wires but now have a starting issue where enginef will crank for 1 or 2 sec then power is cut to ecu. Initially I had pcm data lost fault had bcm replaced and linked but still the same. Now the only code in bcm when I'm able to scan it is serial data bus fault. I now can't scan the engine computer any longer for some reason. All wires were fairly obvious except for 2 identical pink wired and blue / red. Is there anywhere I can get wiring diagram for yhe wires that pass through the firewall on drivers side? Any tips on how to solve this apart from not to do it again would be much appreciated . Could it be engine ecu got damaged? Or more likely wiring issue ?
The1

Re: Huge boo boo vx clubsport

Post by The1 »

need more information really, got pictures? is this a 6CYL or LS? Could well be something in ECU that got fried, depends what wires shorted out.
HoldenMad
cars: HG Premier, HQ windowless panelvan, VK injected 6 Berlina, VR S2 5ltr BT1, VS S3 Spac ute, VT 5ltr Calais

Post by HoldenMad »

The looms on drivers side are mostly power coming into the interior power distribution block and to the bcm from memory bud. I could be wrong as my memory defs ain't what it used to be but I'll have a look
Long live the mighty lion, King of the concrete jungle
HoldenMad
cars: HG Premier, HQ windowless panelvan, VK injected 6 Berlina, VR S2 5ltr BT1, VS S3 Spac ute, VT 5ltr Calais

Post by HoldenMad »

Just before I do go have a quick look at the wire colours. If the fault is serial bus fault it will be bcm fault I'd think as from vs s3 rollers/vt onwards the bcm is the serial data bus isn't it?
HoldenMad

Post by HoldenMad »

Ziller wrote:Hi all,
I managed to damage main wiring harness on drivers side by running additional wiring through the grommet.
Anyway that being said and the big mistake it was I now am searching for.solutiom. I repaired picked/damaged wires but now have a starting issue where enginef will crank for 1 or 2 sec then power is cut to ecu. Initially I had pcm data lost fault had bcm replaced and linked but still the same. Now the only code in bcm when I'm able to scan it is serial data bus fault. I now can't scan the engine computer any longer for some reason. All wires were fairly obvious except for 2 identical pink wired and blue / red. Is there anywhere I can get wiring diagram for yhe wires that pass through the firewall on drivers side? Any tips on how to solve this apart from not to do it again would be much appreciated . Could it be engine ecu got damaged? Or more likely wiring issue ?
Yeah not looking good bud. I was sure when you said pink the was power from ignition switch to lots of things then the only other pink wire I can find in the main wiring harness or the power dist harness is going to pcm plug 3 at E9. The story doesnt get much better with the blue and red bud. It comes from the abs/tcs control module.
HoldenMad

Post by HoldenMad »

Realised I was going through vt stuff not vx, didn't think should make a difference but stranger things have happened. The blue/red is defs abs/tcs module and is an internal earth for the cruise control stalk. Really don't like the sounds of any of those possible outcomes.
The1 wrote:need more information really, got pictures? is this a 6CYL or LS? Could well be something in ECU that got fried, depends what wires shorted out.
Abs module internal earth with main ignition and power accross to pcm. I'm not even game to think of the possibilities and if is as I'm thinking a genuine vx clubby don't they still have the iss as standard?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think HSV might have the extra security device that locks out the serial data (ALDL) when it triggers, I dont know if you have it, but you said you'd changed and re-linked security so I am not sure if that exists on this car but if so it might be coming in to play.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:I think HSV might have the extra security device that locks out the serial data (ALDL) when it triggers, I dont know if you have it, but you said you'd changed and re-linked security so I am not sure if that exists on this car but if so it might be coming in to play.
Antus is onto it. Your additional security will be causing major issues since you have replaced the BCM.

You can't replace a BCM without putting the HSV security into "learn mode" so that it will accept the new BCM. The learn mode is unique to every single HSV, will have to contact HSV to get your unique procedure.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
HoldenMad

Post by HoldenMad »

antus wrote:I think HSV might have the extra security device that locks out the serial data (ALDL) when it triggers, I dont know if you have it, but you said you'd changed and re-linked security so I am not sure if that exists on this car but if so it might be coming in to play.
That's the one i'm talking about. The HSV ISS. I didn't realise it locks out the serial data though. It became standard from vs on.
Tazzi wrote:
Antus is onto it. Your additional security will be causing major issues since you have replaced the BCM.

You can't replace a BCM without putting the HSV security into "learn mode" so that it will accept the new BCM. The learn mode is unique to every single HSV, will have to contact HSV to get your unique procedure.
As far as I was aware the only way to put that early ISS setup into 'Learn Mode' was with the Original Red tag which were never really a spare part option. Was the reason for a few mint vehicles being parted out also I have been led to believe. The black tag arms and disarms but with the red tag you can even code new remotes and new black tags. Still not 100% the vehicle has that as my memory is fooked but if has and no red tag it will take someone like you, antus or the rest of the Royalty class here to get round it.