Need pinout for 2004 grand am pcm and or power window wire

Wiring diagrams and questions
DethRattles
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Need pinout for 2004 grand am pcm and or power window wire

Post by DethRattles »

Installing and aftermarket radio and want to retain the RAP retention. The radio will stay on if i'm able to hook them to the power window circuit. Just need a diagram to wire my accessory on the radio into it.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Re: Need pinout for 2004 grand am pcm and or power window wi

Post by MudDuck514 »

DethRattles wrote:Installing and aftermarket radio and want to retain the RAP retention. The radio will stay on if i'm able to hook them to the power window circuit. Just need a diagram to wire my accessory on the radio into it.
From what I can tell, there IS NO ACCESSORY power lead in the radio harness!
Radio is controlled from BCM? VIA CLASS 2 Serial Data on purple wire (orange should be BATT power)

There are yellow and green wires from the Steering Wheel Controls, but they are NOT needed as many cars don't have them.

Mike
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

Here's the acc ckt.. Hopefully it's easy enough grabbing power off one of these ckts.
acc.jpg
acc.jpg (128.88 KiB) Viewed 1553 times
this is ign ckt.. grab off the ckt that doesn't power down during crank so turn lps and airbag in the left ip?? assuming you don't want to go under the hood.. other ckt for the wiper fuse powers down during crank, pita when the radio blanks out like that, lol..
ign.jpg
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

so windows still dont have power? I just want to have the radio stay on until i open the door...i see a post about hooking up two relays together and depending how you hook them up a negative signal will trigger it. Trying to wrap my head round the easiest solution. What would you do? I'm thinking i should've worded it better.
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Post by ironduke »

I'm not seeing any rap ckt in the pwr window schematics, do the power windows work with the key turned off until you open a door or 10 minutes have expired?

To try and rig something up would require some solid state electronics of your own doing like an arduino and a relay or maybe 2 relays??

1st problem is the driver door jamb switch is 1 ckt and the other 3 doors is another ckt, so like an alarm you'd need to wire those up with diodes to keep them isolated yet let them control a relay when a door is opened..

I can kind of picture doing it with a couple diodes, and 2, maybe 3 relays but I'd have to draw it out to be sure.. that's not promising your not going to end up with some kind of battery killing draw either, lol..

1st relay gets ign feed to pin 86 after passing thru a diode and battery goes to pin 30. Pin 85 is grounded.. pin 87 goes back to pin 86 AND also powers radio either directly or if a large current draw radio then thru another relay simply added to handle the load.

So with just that 1st relay when you turn the ign on it trips relay1 thru the diode and pin 30 is connected to pin 87 and the relay will now stay energized even with the key off.. With the diode present it won't backfeed and keep that ign ckt powered up.. ok.. so that's done..

Now you need a 2nd relay with the radio ign feed going to pin 86 and pin 85 connected to the door jamb switches.. With the doors closed this radio will not be energized.. Cut the ckt between the 1st relay pins 87 and 86 and connect to pins 30 and 87a... This 2nd relay lets the 1st relay work as it did before EXCEPT now when you open a door the 2nd relay should energize interupting the ckt keeping relay 1 energized.. everything collapses and everything shuts down..

Now.. There is a BCM involved and just the door jamb switches have what I hope is battery voltage going to them thru a pull up resistor( 2.2k I think).. Absolutely no promises what adding this ckt will do to the bcm.. I am not an engineer and I have let enough magic smoke out of components to honestly not attempt this myself... anymore..

I'd probably set up a small $6 arduino and a relay.. It'd take a little bit of code, some resistors to make at least 1 voltage ladder and wire it up.. Id be debating if it's worth it since I can find class 2 vpw modules on ebay for cheap..

Here's one for your car for $22.... no brainer.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/185413150410?h ... R-aN1rPuYQ
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

If it was going to be slightly easy i'd do it and i've only have done code once on an arduino to make servo's move but that was code already written from the internet. I hadnt found one of those gm modules that cheap, all the rest were 40$ up to 99. Wondering how these are wired in. The stereo ones that include the harness has clips for everything. I'm going to look into this option moreso than the others because i cant fry anything in my car currently.

I'm also unsure about the windows too, its almost daylight so i can check these things. I still need to find a 6awg Y spade for my amp, install the double din kit but the rest of the wiring is done. The car i bought used off a buddy with so many issues plus it sat for a year. Needed brake lines/calipers/thermostat/had a relay in the wrong place for the fans, the overflow cap was stripped, front speed sensors were toast so no abs/bad bcm/security relearn on almost every start of the engine/ i'm still fixing things. The pressure building up in the overflow is concerning about a head gasket but the car still doesnt overheat. Thanks for your reply because now that i have a laptop again that arduino looks fun to tinker with.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

I'll try looking on my PC for the schematics for the 2004 GA and see IF it has a RAP circuit - I KNOW my 2001 does NOT.
I THINK my 2004 Alero had the RAP, but it was 3 years ago that I "lost" it in a collision.

Mike
DethRattles

Post by DethRattles »

I went ahead and ordered it but i Love hard to get schematics because i cant seem to find any online. I want the pinout for the 2004 bcm and pcm. I'm changing this new laptops search engine to something other than bing! Bing blows and finds me things that I'm not even looking for. And whats the deal with autocorrect...it doesnt even work on windows 11?