Technical Question VN v6 running Ecotec

Wiring diagrams and questions
kahlakid
cars: VX Racecar
D40 Navara

Technical Question VN v6 running Ecotec

Post by kahlakid »

Hi,
I'm wondering what signals the ECU uses to activate the fuel /ignition cut, ie rev limiter? & if lowering the voltage to said sensors will trick the computer into revving past the stock limit. Yes, I know you can tune the ECU but that's not my question. I want to know if it's possible without touching the ecu at all.

Thanks guys
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Technical Question VN v6 running Ecotec

Post by antus »

There is no extra sensor, the ecu knows the engine speed as its sending the signals for spark and fuel, and it cuts when it hits the limit from actual RPM. You'd have to build hardware to monitor the engine speed and cut the signal for spark or fuel but that'd be a lot harder than just changing it in the tune. If you wanted to do it in external hardware instead you may be able to buy this module to implement it. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8097 Having said that, it'd only allow lower, not higher.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
kahlakid
cars: VX Racecar
D40 Navara

Post by kahlakid »

Yeah, I realize that I may have worded my question wrong. I wanted to modify the signals that the Ecu uses to determine engine speed, which in turn makes the rev limit happen later. Although this module may be helpful if I can use it with my standard DFI module. They seem to be unavailable but ill PM SilentBob.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

There is nothing to "spoof" as such. The ECU measures engine rpm via the CAS (crank angle sensor), fuck with that and the engine simply won't run properly.

Just get a tune sorted, memcal tunes aren't that expensive and someone on the forum can probably help.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Probably a track car that cannot be modified and is looking for a cheat ...

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!