mrlctorana
cars: 04 VY SS
03 Hilux
69 LC Torana
77 LX Torana

VZ SS Dash Cluster pinouts

Post by mrlctorana »

Hey guys

Has anyone got the pinouts for a VZ SS Dash cluster, the SRS and ABS pin's and inputs in particular???

Im currently doing a complete VZ SS dash conversion into an LX torana, I have the dash on the bench and have it all powered up, indicators, high beam, dash lights, seat belt warning lights ect ect ect all working fine, but can't get past the contact dealer screen and can't get the ABS or SRS warning lights to go off. As far as I know the fault codes for the SRS are stored in the SDM, so not requiring the dash to be reset or faults cleared ect.

And just to add to the confusion i've got a VY SS harness (NOT VZ), although I was told it couldn't be done and won't work, with a little patience i've got to the stage im at now, just need to find out the SRS pin number and input and hopefully we'll be away.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Les
delcowizzid

Re: VZ SS Dash Cluster pinouts

Post by delcowizzid »

doctorbob is probably the man to talk too regaurding dash boards and there reprogramming.what engine and ecu are you running or is it carbed cause the dash gets all its oil temp rpm and speed up the aldl line from the ecu and will be near impossible to get working i think
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

There are no pins for ABS and SRS lights as they are broadcast on the ALDL line, if the module is not sending a signal to turn the light off, then they are on by default as all VZ vehicles had airbags and ABS as standard.
As per delcowizzids comment, Dr Bob maybe able to reprogram the dash for them to be not used.

yoda69
mrlctorana
03 Hilux
69 LC Torana
77 LX Torana

Post by mrlctorana »

Thanks for that, The engine is a 6ltr L98 and 6 speed box, which is used in the VZ's. Using an E38 ECU but it's not connected to the dash. I got the harness and ecu from LSX Conversions and basically had to connect an earth, Contant power and a switch IGN power and away it went, I've had the engine running and drove the car, but later in the build we decided to do the VZ dash conversion aswell just to complicate things lol.

Wondering if it can be connected to the wiring from the ecm somehow? The ALDL line wouldn't happen to be a (gr-w) wire that connects from the BCM, climate control, ABS & TCS module and the instrument cluster?

Best read up on the ALDL line

Cheers, thanks for the reply's
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

on another note... whats the dash look like? got any photos for us? this is a prime time to use this again :P :worthless:
mrlctorana
03 Hilux
69 LC Torana
77 LX Torana

Post by mrlctorana »

haha heres a few pics, the pics of the dash are from a while ago so all the wring behind there is gone and now im working with the VY SS harness to make it all work.
dashconversion3.jpg
dashconversion3.jpg (66.81 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
dashconversion2.jpg
dashconversion2.jpg (76.71 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
vzdash5.jpg
vzdash5.jpg (98.7 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
engineertrip1.jpg
engineertrip1.jpg (74.35 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
engbaypaint5.jpg
engbaypaint5.jpg (60.83 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
brakebooster.jpg
brakebooster.jpg (94.44 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
enginebay2-1.jpg
enginebay2-1.jpg (174.87 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
Attachments
enginebay-1.jpg
enginebay-1.jpg (169.58 KiB) Viewed 7324 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Beautiful work there, always nice to see the conversion extend to more than just the engine.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

very nice!!

i like the paint! oh and the motor :P
mrlctorana
03 Hilux
69 LC Torana
77 LX Torana

Post by mrlctorana »

thanks fellas, I've done a little more research on the ALDL which you guys have suggested is how all these functions, SRS, ABS, temp gauge, engine light ect "talk" to the cluster. According to a few diagrams I have this is a (Gr-w) wire which connects to pin 2 in the instrument cluster, Can anyone confirm this? Is there any others that it may use aswell?

The actual lights aren't a drama I can disconnect them, but I can't get past the contact dealer screen on the dash, Is this because the dash in not communicating with an ECM? or because it thinks it has and airbag/abs fault.

Im using an E38 ECM and have a harness made to start and run the engine from LSX conversions, Now can I join into the ALDL pin/wire from the E38 and connect this to the ALDL wire from the dash?

Lots of info on this site, but a lot to comprehend when your use to fiddling with old holden sixes :lol:

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Les
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

depends if the E38 ecu outputs the right stuff out the aldl for the dash to operate
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem