EEPROM In VX-VY N/a PCM

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
VX L67 Getrag

EEPROM In VX-VY N/a PCM

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Has anyone got any good information about what the section of data in the $BD & $06 cal files relate to in section E00 to E0E?

I'm pretty sure it's where the calibration looks for what to send info where? Could be seriously wrong though!

as I've tried using different eeproms in different cars & had funky stuff happening on dash like LPG warning & a heap more & can't remember what else but there was a heap more!
Anyway long story short I had a friend interstate who didn't have an ALDL & he wanted me to send him a PCM with a tweaked tune on it, but he had a manual VU & I only had a full read off a auto VU, but I had a manual VX sedan full read so I did a difference of VX auto to manual in the eeprom section only & made changes to the auto vu full read cal section, I then did a mod on the rest of the tune & sent it t him!

He said it flies & works great no errors or problems & he's wrapped I managed to piss off the rev limiter all together, I said W.T.F. I didn't do that, no one can do that as it can only be raised to 6400 rpm max!

So I'm assuming it must have been something I tweaked in the eeprom section that I shouldn't have, I told him to just be careful, but does know what each section of the eeprom relates to?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: EEPROM In VX-VY N/a PCM

Post by VL400 »

VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks VL, Sort of what I already gathered, there isn't any clues to further breakdown of what those particular sections(E00 to E0E) mentioned access?

Thanks again though!
Last edited by VX L67 Getrag on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

To follow this 1 up I’ve done a bit of comparing off the 60 odd VX-VY PCm read’s I have & compared the closest release date calibrations of the exact same type & found the following from data point E00 to E0F;

VX Berlina Auto Sedan has E09; 33 VX Exec Auto Had; 37
E0A; 38 36
E0D; 30 34
E0E; 37 34
All the rest of the data between was exact the same!

VX Exec Auto Sedan Has; E08; 34 VX Exec Auto Wagon Had; 33
E09; 37 32
E0A; 36 30
E0D; 34 35
E0E; 34 35

Exec Auto Sedan Has; E08; 35 Exec Manual Sedan Had; 34
E09; 32 38
E0A; 35 38
E0D; 35 33
E0E; 34 39

So Not Sure what this means exactly, I’m just trying to find out how the calibrations can be used with each other & seems there’s too many variants & not knowing what each point does & relates to the rest of the calibration can be a bit hit & miss?

As another test I just did was put a 8760 tune into my brother's VX which had 8378 tune in it & further to it 8760 tune came from a sedan & my brothers car is a station wagon, I'll be test driving home tonight & make sure everything still works, but so far so good!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag