NVRAM issues

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
ejukated

Re: NVRAM issues

Post by ejukated »

are you using the same board adapter for the NVRAM and the EPROM? The DS1245Y has a different pin out to a 27C010....
Lawso
cars: VR Ute with VS V6 Getrag driveline
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

Not using an adaptor. I remove the DS1245Y from the board and drop it into the burner.

Tried it out with the write enable jumper removed. Connected fine! Kind of has restored faith in my burners!

Not to keen to try it out with the jumper on as I don't know what the issue is. VL400 has offered to take a look at the gear for me so I will await his sage advice.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

I see you're in Campbelltown - I go through there most afternoons so could take a look if you wanted.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If the soldering on the nvram board looks ok then it'll probably be a bad or wrong or no connection of the write wire on the back of the ecu circuit board. Ive seen that before.. used an nvram board in a non-modded ecu without removing the write enable jumper.. trashes the nvram contents straight away.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

Checked the write enable from the connection to the ecu, through the memcal pin up to the NVRAM socket.

All good.
Lawso
VE SSV Ute
VS Ute

Post by Lawso »

Ok, I now have 5 x healthy NVRAM boards.

Turns out the ecu I was using for testing seems to be faulty, which was causing the whole write enable corrupting thing..

I have 3 other real time modified ECU's here and I decided to try them instead, just in case there was an issue. They all worked fine.

The strange thing is that I went though a continuity test and it was fine, so I am guessing a faulty ecu?

I have plenty of spare ECUs so I will swap out the USB board and try it out.

Thanks to all for the assistance! It has been a very frustrating couple of weeks trying to work this one out.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Good result but sure was a bumpy road to get there! It could be a faulty ECU, the R/W line is pretty vital and used for a fair few external functions so it would normally kill the entire ECU operation though. Glad it all worked out in the end though and all are good to go :driving: