eprom reading/writing problems

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
delcowizzid

Re: eprom reading/writing problems

Post by delcowizzid »

zip the file you read off the chip and upload it in this thread ill have a look is the programmer software set on 27c128 when reading and the jumpers and dip switches set correct to suit
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
MOPAR
cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

Device is set to 27c128 in the software, the programmer does'nt have any switches or jumpers, it's a Silicon Chip/Dicksmith k3605 EPROM Programmer.
The attached file is the bin read from the ATFY memcal which worked ok when I program another eprom. I brought a new chinese willem programer on ebay today but I still would like to know what's going on with this one.
Attachments
read_ATFY.zip
(9.22 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well some things in it look ok but alot of tables are all over the shop and some of the constants too ...... 22 degrees reference angle ... 220 ppk :D

it looks to me like it isn't reading off properly either.
darcy

Post by darcy »

When I open that in Tunerpro, it has $A5 mask.

Looks correct with a $A5 xdf loaded too. That would explain why it doesn't look right if viewed with $5D xdf.

I'd say theres nothing wrong with the programmer. It ran fine as it's a valid bin, just not an $5D bin. :)
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

it definitely looks to me like a $A5 bin. in the difference tool, its very close to AXFT
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

compared to the same ATFY bin i have shes different its all out by a 2-3 addresses definatly some form of read error maybe dodgy programmer if it can read and burn the same tune and run but not burn any other bins that it hasnt read get a refund and use the willem :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well i think its not an ATFY on further checking looks legit really spark and VE match up on a $a5 xdf most things do maybe its been reprogrammed and had the sticker put back on the eprom .
MOPAR
cars: Delco'd '57 Chrysler Royal
'62 XL Falcon

Post by MOPAR »

Thank for your input

Been doing some reading on the just commodore forum, apparently there's a $5d and a $A5 verison of the ATFY and there is a few different $A5 definitions !! So my programmer may be OK. I still don't know why the OSE_$12.bin didn't work. I should have my Willem in a week or so, I'll get some new 32k eprom's & try again.
Doctor Bob
cars: VN, VT

Post by Doctor Bob »

it is identical to one of the $A5 ones i have excepting the date codes, the production company used to change the dates in the same cals according to when they were made.
i also have a $5D version on file