DS1245Y Frankenstein

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
VX L67 Getrag

DS1245Y Frankenstein

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Well I had a FAKE chip here & thought it's not really worth any value & a VERY wise person on this site had mentioned about opening them up & running a replaceable 3v supply....
Frankenstein DS1245Y.JPG
Frankenstein DS1245Y.JPG (1.23 MiB) Viewed 4612 times
So now I need to find a suitable supply I'm thinking it's going to be easiest to get a 3v cradle like what you find in most key heads (apart from VR-VZ commodore as there not replaceable].. supposedly) I'm guessing jaycar would have these cradles & then I can just replace the battery every few years & it's got the machined pin base attached to it so it should be good for 50 years or more I'm guessing.

Strange the FAKE DS1245Y actually had a good panasonic battery in it (thought they would have used a no name)!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: DS1245Y Frankenstein

Post by antus »

Yeah you probably can do something like that. Keep in mind its not an industrial temp rated package (keep a burnt memcal tune in the glove box incase of corruption when the cabin heats up).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks Antus, yeah always keep a stock format with me anyway!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Strange the FAKE DS1245Y actually had a good panasonic battery in it (thought they would have used a no name)!
Maybe it was just like the outer case, labelled Dallas but not from Dallas. Plenty of dodgy battery copies around too.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

everything is being copied to the finest detail there days.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

Get a 3v lithium button cell battery with solder tabs, that way there's no risk of it popping out of the cradle.
Or get a 2xAAA battery holder from jaycar and stick a pair of NiMH batteries in it, and run two diodes in series from the 5v memcal supply to the battery holder's + :twisted: