VS V6 realtime mod

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
ev351

VS V6 realtime mod

Post by ev351 »

Hi all,

If this is the wrong place, apologies in advance.
I see lots of references to Realtime tuning mods for delco ecus here, is there a tutorial on making a VS V6 ecu realtime tunable? I can see loads of info regarding tuning once mods have been made, but nothing re how to modify the ecu to realtime in the first place, Im most likely looking in the wring places, so if someone can point me toward getting started it would be much appreciated.

Ev.
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Re: VS V6 realtime mod

Post by HQ355 »

Yeah mate go into the holden ecu section at top of the home page and then the getting started section
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the long and the short of it is, most ecms can be realtime tuned once you have the right hardware to allow the chip to be written to while you drive (realtime) ..... in you case you'll need some form of interface to talk over the ALDL port most likely an aldl interface and a pcm nvram, both of which you can find in the for sale section and antus is your man for purchasing.

also read the faqs, and theres some links in my signature that might give you some pointers aswell.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

OK, so I think I have finally hit a brick wall with attempting a tune on this super six. So, Can anyone recommend someone in Sydney who could properly tune a V6 SC with auto trans and most importantly retain the MAF sensor? I have done all required work expect the tuning. I would just like to get it done right as im sure that I will damage something eventually. I have found some places that do mafless tunes on these, but I would prefer to retain a MAF unless anyone wants to advise me otherwise?

thanks everyone!

Ev.
The1

Post by The1 »

you would need this chip

http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3617

And this cable, then you can realtime tune.
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3616

What mods have you got?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Or if you want someone who can do it for you, try dicks electronics. http://www.dickselectronics.com/ There are probably others around, and other sydney tuning shops want to drop a note here, go for it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Thanks both antus and the1, I can do the actual hardware side and entering the tuning data, but as for getting it right, I think it would be quite difficult without access to a Dyno? please correct me if im wrong, but I seems like measuring a voltage without a meter? I would love to be wrong as a dyno tune is very expensive, but if it is right the first time I guess its worth it.
Also, the mods that are done so far are pretty mild in my opinion.
3.2 inch pulley
free flowing exhaust
water injection
max about 13.5 psi indicated
There are a set of 1.98 rockers in the mail as we speak, I guess that may knock the boost down a little?

antus, thanks for the dicks electronics link, that name has been recommenced by the people who sold the rockers to me. He will do the tune, but wants to remove the maf sensor, I don't really have a problem with that, but I would like to retain a maf seeing that I have already fitted the bigger maf for the mod bin.

Again, if anyone has any opinion for or against map / maf tune please fire away.
Thanks for the input guys.

Ev.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

From a technical perspective I dont think it matters. Obviously I (and the1) would like to see it done with our stuff and MAF, but at the end of the day its more important that whoever does it, does it with the tools they are best with. Both technologies when set up right are going to run the engine fine. The downside to going mafless is it wont be with our software and will limit what you can do with it later as far as logging or further tweaking if you make more mods to the engine.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

any capable tuner should be able to use the setup you already have with the larger maf, nvram and logging adaptor, your mods arn't that huge or difficult to tune. As above if you go down the map route it will be with kalmaker software, so you will be locked into that and likely the tuner.
ev351

Post by ev351 »

Yes, I thought that I would be locked in which I don't like the sound of. Again, I would prefer to have it tuned with the maf, even if it doesn't really make a performance difference, but I need to find a tuner who will do it and not push in the direction of map sensor and hence kalmaker and locking me out.....